Samsung Brightside Touch Screen Issue
pbarbella

A couple days ago, the touch screen on my brightside stopped worked but ONLY when it is flipped open to have the keyboard open.  When it's closed, I can fully use it without any issues, so I know the screen isn't broken.  Anybody have any ideas of what I can do to fix this? I'm guessing it's a hardware issue...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside Touch Screen Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi pbarbella. That certainly sounds like a mystery! I checked for any known issues with the touch screen on the Brightside causing trouble only when the phone's open and the good news is that this doesn't appear to be a widespread issue. And since the screen works when it's closed, that helps us to narrow down the possibilities. Has the phone been exposed to any liquid or maybe even any physical damage? It sounds as if the internal cable isn't communicating correctly when the phone slides open, almost like someone stepping on a waterhose. If you're not sure, you can bring the phone into a Verizon Wireless store http://bit.ly/3SdsA for inspection. If there's no damage and the phone is under your one-year manufacturer's warranty, we'll be able to place an order for your warranty replacement.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside Touch Screen Issue
mariah23

Yeah, mine has been not working when it has been flipped open for the past couple days, and I was ok with that.  But just about an hour ago, the screen won't work at all.  I have tried rebooting it twice now.  I can unlock it, but only when I first puch the unlock button.  I can't get into anything.  Would it be possible if I could get a different phone?

0 Likes