Samsung Brightside? Until they fix DO NOT BUY
henfam5
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Samsung Brightside is defective. I have had two in less than one month and both did not let me use the T9 function. When a person uses the T9 function the phone powers off and re-starts. There are many many complaints on this board but Verizon is just not moving to resolve this issue.

I would suggest that Verizon let Samsung know that they will not sell Samsung phones if they do not get a fix going. I suggest that Samsung through Verizon,

1. recall the phone so that we all can exchange it for one that works

2. recall the phone so that you can bring it in to a Verizon dealer where they can install a software up date

3. Verizon allows the exchange for another phone and send all the poorly made Samsungs back to Korea

4. Verizon quit making false promises and give a specific course of action to us consumers how to get this corrected

I hope everyone else who mistakenly bought this phone does not give up. You can contact Better Business Bureau, your States Attorney, Consumer Protection Agency and more. Please post any other ideas you have to get this resolved.

If no fix every happens then I hope people remember this when their contracts are done.

Recently Apple replaced first generation iPods with the newest generation. All you had to do was go online and submit the serial number, send in the old one, working or not, wait and then get a new one.

Samsung & Verizon do you get the hint?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Samsung Brightside? Until they fix DO NOT BUY
sheezateacha
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Samsumg Brightside is the worst cell phone I've owned in the last 15 years!  I'm often not alerted that a text message has been sent and the phone stops saving texts messages in a threading format.  I purchased the phone about a month ago, and I've been back to the store not less than 7 times!  Each time I go back, they tell me that I'm the only person experiencing problems!  I should have been more diligent and checked the computer first!  For the next two years, I'm stuck with a phone that should be put in the garbage!

The first phone kept shutting off, so the store replaced it.  The second phone doesn't have the sudden power off problem but ALL of the texting issues and sometimes when I get a missed call, an additional digit is added to the person's number.  Therefore, I cannot get back to the person by simply selecting their missed call and "send". 

I feel like I've been taken advantage of by Samsung and Verizon.  How can you of good conscience dare to manufacture and sell phones you knew had software issues!  There seems to be a case of liability here on the part of both companies.  I can't wait for my contract to be up.

PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

I just filed a formal complaint with the Massachusetts Attorney General's office regarding this phone. It is flawed, defective, faulty and Verizon CONTINUES to sell it for profit. My Calendar and Alarm features do not WORK and I've experienced a problem with the phone turning off if you press a certain key while texting - that's CRAZY! But the Calendar and Alarm features have not work and continue not to function since i bought the phone. I brought it in twice to the SUDBURY MASSACHUSETTS VERIZON STORE 420 BOSTON POST ROAD - and was pretty much told "too bad, so sad." Verizon would NOT contact Samsung and refused to do anything to try and fix the problem! And now ANOTHER problem has cropped up - when I get a single text, I get the text notification TWICE - THAT's NEVER happened since I bought the phone. This phone is a piece of CHIT and Verizon continues to profit on clueless customers!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sheezateacha,

I am sorry that you are having so many issues with your phone.  We certainly don’t want you to go! What kind of resolution are you looking for in this situation? In order to resolve your issue can you please DM me your name and number and I can see what other options we have for you.  Hope this helps.  Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sheezateacha
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just traded that junk phone for another one that I didn't want. Good job

Verizon.

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
henfam5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like a phone that works. Here is an article I read from another customer.

created by PMack62 in Basic Phones - View the full discussion

I just filed a formal complaint with the Massachusetts Attorney General's office regarding this phone. It is flawed, defective, faulty and Verizon CONTINUES to sell it for profit. My Calendar and Alarm features do not WORK and I've experienced a problem with the phone turning off if you press a certain key while texting - that's CRAZY! But the Calendar and Alarm features have not work and continue not to function since i bought the phone. I brought it in twice to the SUDBURY MASSACHUSETTS VERIZON STORE 420 BOSTON POST ROAD - and was pretty much told "too bad, so sad." Verizon would NOT contact Samsung and refused to do anything to try and fix the problem! And now ANOTHER problem has cropped up - when I get a single text, I get the text notification TWICE - THAT's NEVER happened since I bought the phone. This phone is a piece of CHIT and Verizon continues to profit on clueless customers!

Apple just replaced all their forst gen ipods with the latest gen ipod based on battery issues. Verizon could do the same with folks who bought this phone. The consumer could type in teh serial number then Verizon/Samsung could send out a comparable phone that works. Yes, we get to keep the phone until we get a new one. Verizon has LG and Pantech that seem to work so why not let us replace our Samsung for one of these at a Verizon store and "no questions asked"? How about a touch screen phone that requires a data plan but we do not get to activate the data plan portion of the phone. How about we keep the phone you do not charge for ANYTHING until the contract is up. The fix simple but emails and promises only are a way to stall the consumer hoping they will go away. I do plan to "go away" if I do not get resolution.

<personal information deleted per TOS>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

LITH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had problems with this phone too (The Samsung Brightside).

1. THE ALARM

The Alarm does not work. As someone else said, it works only if you set it for 2 minutes (or so) in advance.

It does not work overnight. I need to be able to rely on the alarm.

2. EMAIL

The emails I send from email on the phone do not get received. So, I am only able to read emails but not respond to them.

VERIZON/SAMSUNG: PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!

I did just call Verizon customer service but they were "experiencing extremely high call volume.")

I think I will visit the Verizon store where I got the phone.

Good luck, everyone.

Y1

I had a Samsung phone when I had Cingular. I thought Samsung was ok to get when I switched to verizon last month. But I'm having problems with the T9 and now I can't receive picture messages and am pissed about the restocking fee.

I was told by a verizon store to wait for the software update for the T9 problem but that there was no time frame as to when an update would be given. I have found nothing in regards to the picture messages problem.

0 Likes
sugarhillkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

it may be time for me to end my relationship with verizon. been with them since 1993 and this is the worse.

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

Hope everyone read this. I just received a call from a "Verizon exec" named "David" something. He states that no one else has complained to Verizon that the calendar and alarm features do not work on the Samsung Brightside. he offered to send me a new phone but did NOT offer to fix the problem with MY PHONE. I told him I want what I paid for. He suggested I schlep to a REAL verizon location and have tech support "look" at my phone. NOT HELPFUL AT ALL! He states Samsung IS NOT AWARE OF ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE BRIGHTSIDE!!! OMG!

Apparently all of us who are experiencing identical problems with the identical phone are either lying, hallucinating or crazy or all of the above.

The Mass. Attorney's General office has acknowledged my complaint. But this Verizon exec guy says the store from which I purchased my phone is not an authorized dealer and therefore the sales people have no freaking clue what's wrong with my phone. Well duh, I could have told him that. So unless you bought your Samsung Brightside from a REAL verizon dealer and not a fake one like the one in my town, you are SOL with Verizon. Basically he said to me "too bad so bad" - he WOULD NOT HELP ME AT ALL! He wanted to send me ANOTHER Samsung Brightside and it was up to ME to take it someplace and have my contacts uploaded and then I'd have to get my ringtones all over again (he said he'd credit my account so I wouldn't have to pay for my ringtones again. how nice. I WANT WHAT I PAID FOR!!! NOT A BANDAID!!!

I cannot get any more frustrated than I already am.

Oh and he said he will NOT research this problem because no one has called Verizon to complain about it.

Once again, we all must be just crazy.

SERIOUSLY?????????