Re: Samsung Brightside? Until they fix DO NOT BUY
jalbb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just bought my Brightside 3 weeks ago.  At first, I thought it was the best non-data phone being sold in quite some time.  Today, I almost missed an important conference call because my calendar notification did not go off.  I've been duped and now I am stuck with a phone that is useless to me due to the fact that I rely on the calendar to help me stay on top of all my appointments and meetings.  Please keep me posted if you have any luck with a resolution.  I do not use the alarm, so currently I posted just my one time events (no reucurrences) to see if they work. 

PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

I have heard from well over 500 consumers who have identical issues and Verizon and Samsung (even after 5 and a half months) have still refused to publicly acknowledge that ALL Brightsides are defectives. Five and a half months. I have two kitchen calendars on which I must write my important events because this stupid phone has epic failed. I used my Jurassic Park old Samsung phone (which by the way - the Calendar and the Alarm work FINE LOL!!!)

i am STUCK with this Brightside - don't even bother calling Verizon - it will send you a CERTIFIED LIKE NEW Samsung Brightside and that too will epic fail. I am sure the number of consumers who have this defective phone are in the many thousands and Verizon and Samsung just turn their collective corporate heads and shrug their collective shoulders. Oh well they say - too bad so sad for us consumers.

I will keep you posted. Keep checking this thread and the others regarding the Brightside - I have started a few of them and consumers keep adding their tales of epic fails of this phone.

nannikko
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Alarms are broken too I have told them this is a very Important issue for me I have a handicapped daughter who has a strict schedule and of course I use my phone for this schedule I use it for doctor appoinments medication reminders at least I was I had the Brightside for nearly 4 months before it started acting up or at least before I noticed it starting acting up verizon gave me a replacement phone I have had that for about 3 weeks and GUESS WHAT the alarms and calender are acting up on that one too! So yes I agree absolutly positively DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG BRIGHTSIDE.

0 Likes
nannikko
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you really want to help with the Samsung Brightside malfunction issues then you can Do two things:

1st admit that there is a problem and stop selling the brightside immediatly as in today not tommorow not in a week NOW!

2nd offer a no cost trade in for a different phone of equal value not just a "replacement" phone cause all that does is gives people another broken Brightside.

I have had issues with the Alarms and calenders not working on both of the Brightsides that I have had and the Verizon guy says I haven't heard of any issues with this phone B.S. You already lost a customer in my husband do you really want to loose me too!

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

Hello nannikko ! ALL the Samsung Brightsides are DEFECTIVE! ALL OF THEM! Many consumers have purchased the first one only to have the Calendar and Alarm epic fail; and then were given a CERTIFIED LIKE NEW by Verizon and THOSE TOO HAVE FAILED! ALL OF THE BRIGHTSIDES ARE DEFECTIVE! Verizon and Samsung continue to profit by marketing and selling the Brightsides which are DEFECTIVE! I have been at this for five and a half months and there is NO RESOLUTION in sight! Consumers are STUCK with these DEFECTIVE phones! And Verizon and Samsung BOTH KNEW about the defect MONTHS ago but have not and refused to publicly address it!

I am sorry you also have been duped!

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

Nanniko: Verizon is and has been WELL AWARE of the defect of this phone for MONTHS! It is well documented in an INTERNAL VERIZON EMPLOYEE PROBLEM BLOG! Verizon and Samsung do not want the general public knowing about it but I found out about it and spread the word. Verizon flagged all my accounts and has been harassing me about my rants re: the Brightside. IT IS DEFECTIVE and Verizon and Samsung will not address the issue!

I am up against corporate giants who care NOTHING for its consumers!

Verizon will not give you another phone other than those DEFECTIVE certified like new Brightsides.

consumers who have bought this phone are screwed 50 shades of grey and every other color under the sun!

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

I don’t know if this will make you feel better, but maybe the Brightside is not the worst Samsung phone in the basic phones collection.

There is a commentator in the ‘worst category’ – Samsung Intensity III. This is the worst phone I have ever had. I went through 3 devices in 3 weeks. Problems: a very poor signal (when other models in the same location had good signal), cracking voice, echo, and the alarm is not working, etc.

I spent hours with VZW tech support and…I gave up. I did not even ask them to replace the phone by different model. There is nothing to choose from.

I purchased Samsung Sway on eBay.

0 Likes
rdwk

I bought mine around June 22, 2012 from a Target in California. The alarm/calendar worked fine until I did the update to fix the T9 problem. Now, not a peep from it in the mornings-another user mentioned it worked when you set the ringer volume to Alarm Only.

0 Likes
Y1

My calendar and alarms were working fine until last week (might have been before but I noticed when it don't go off for the first day off school). I'm lucky I don't have to use the calendar for work alerts anymore, but I use them for daily reminders. This is an annoying phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A fix for the issue is under review and will be included in the next Software Update (SU2) for this device. The tentative release date is under review.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Please follow Verizon on Twitter @VZWSupport