Samsung Brightside audio and updating problems!
annamarie2014

Please help me! I've never asked people for help online before but I'm desperate! I've had my Samsung Brightside for almost a year and I can't take it anymore!!! If someone calls me...I can hear them perfectly. But they can't hear me! They say I'm whispering even if I'm yelling! I've dealt with this for over a year and I can't do it for another year. Also a lot of my friends have the same phone and they are having the same issue. I am trying to update my phone to the new software to see if that would fix it but every time I try to update it, it will say 'Connecting" and then a minute later it will say "Server unavailable. Check for Software Update under Settings, Phone Info when service is available." I tried switching my Nams like I was advised to do but it didn't work. Neither did the 'Hard Reset'. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside audio and updating problems!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi annamarie2014,

I'm very sorry to hear that you may be having issues with your device. Having a functional device is certainly extremely important. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look at options. For additional assistance please follow me MatthewS_VZW and then DM me with your mobile number, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
H8VZW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Speaking of Samsung Brightsides - and we still have two of them on a five line family shareplan - do either VZW or Samsung have any plans in place to help pained customers out of these pieces of junk technology? Daughter's just simply stopped working - turned itself off while fully charged, would not turn back on. VZW tech at corporate location could not coax it back to life at all. Perfect physical condition - just won't turn back on. Battery fully charged. Now son's is acting up, too - randomly dialing voicemail, even while just sitting on his desk, screen altering itself, untouched, into negatives of itself or video fuzz for no reason. My own set changes its sound settings while sitting on the nightstand untouched. These all date from March, 2012. What is it the deal with these?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Thursday H8VZW,

While that's an interesting forum name, we hope that it's not the case on how you feel about us. We want you to love us just as much as we love you. With that being said, it will be my pleasure to assist with your Brightsides. Let's start with when did you originally purchase the devices. Even though you confirmed that your daughter's device is in mint condition, can I assume that the other Brightside is mint as well? If so then please provide the software version that's on your son's phone as it sounds like his may have a software/app conflict. For the daughter's phone, is she using the original battery and charger? If not then this could contribute to the device not powering on. Once you have updated us on this info then we can cutomize a solution for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
H8VZW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for responding and don't worry about the name. I just hoped to get

someone's attention. All three of the Brightside sets we have are in

otherwise perfect condition other than two of three unable to power up. I

have one without me now...the other is with my son in Savannah. I can

confirm that all three went into service March 2012. Daughter's is with me

and simply turned off while fully charged and would not lower back on. She

took it to a VZW corporation store in Philadelphia but they likewise could

not get it to power up. It will show a charging screen while plugged to the

charger. That disappears once the plug is removed. All chargers and

batteries are those that came with the sets. Swapping batteries com mine to

hers works fine in mine but does nothing for hers. Son's did the identical

thing on Monday with the same result. I had a VZW Tech remotely swap him to

an old phone for now. Question: When will mine crash too?

Chris

On Sep 19, 2013 12:37 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
H8VZW
Enthusiast - Level 2

ArnettH_VZW -

So, I did respond, but I've not heard back from anyone at VZW. See above, but I will reprint here, too:

>> reposting of earlier post removed as cross-posting and duplicates are against the forum's <<

I've spoken with the folks at Samsung, and they have promised to look into the issue, but suspect a VZW software problem. Again, we now have two out of three Brightside units lying useless - between VZW and Samsung, someone owes us an explanation as to the issues and replacement sets for these trouble-prone phones.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi H8VZW,

I apologize for the delayed response. Since you are unable to power on your devices and even our store reps were unable to power them on, we may need to explore replacement options. Are your phones within the one year manufacturers' warranty? If so, we can certainly provide you some replacement devices http://vz.to/uyYF0o pronto! If your phones are outside the manufacturers' warranty, and if you have insurance http://bit.ly/o9N7Nb on them, you can submit a claim online http://bit.ly/07CrqPK for replacements. You may also want to consider upgrading to new phones if none of the above options apply. Login to your My Verizon account http://bit.ly/xB4iTc at your convenience to check upgrade eligibility.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi H8VZW,

Thanks for the info! I see that Antonio C did reply back to the previous post. Let's get this resolved. Did Samsung offer to inspect the devices? The 1year manufacturer warranty would only allow us to ship same make/model of the device if its malfunctioning.. Keep me posted

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes