Samsung Brightside (orange scrn) Editing Contacts PROBLEM!!!
jojogirl

Can someone help me with this?   I can no longer EDIT & SAVE CHANGES to my CONTACTS LIST.  The upgrade on my Brightside took away the Blue screen option and left me w/the BLINDING ORANGE/GREEN Screens, which was the first time I noticed this problem, the EDIT/SAVE CONTACTS LIST worked fine till then.  I understand that changing screen colors has nothing to do with my CONTACTS LIST but after that UPGRADE my phone has never been the same.

I shouldn't have to take the battery out to reset it every so often (just to get rid of "hokey" messages that come on my phone) when I use it either!

If I cannot EDIT/SAVE my CONTACTS LIST, the phone is really useless.  I want a phone that ALL THE FEATURES WORK, ALL THE TIME.

This is terribly annoying and is making me HATE this phone.

Has someone out there figured out how to get around the EDIT/SAVE CONTACT LIST problem, short of stomping the Brightside phone in to the ground?  Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Tnx.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside (orange scrn) Editing Contacts PROBLEM!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jojogirl,

Being able to edit and save changes to your contact list is a must! No one memorizes phone numbers anymore so I can see how important this function is on your phone.

No reported issues of this happening after the software update. You may need to perform a master reset http://vz.to/Q41TFK. This is some time needed after a major software update.

Make sure to backup any data on the phone before the hard reset as this will erase all data on the phone and reset to manufacturer settings.

Keep me posted if the issue persist after the master reset.

John_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JM1012
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of my Brightside users is getting a "memory full" error when he tries to save a contact.  Allegedly, he's allowed 1,000 contacts on this phone.  What's going on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JM1012,

That is a great question! Having access to your device is always of extreme importance. When it comes to the 1000 contact availability this number will change based on other memory that is being utilized on the device. If the user has music, pictures, videos, & messages stored to the device this will reduce the available storage. To increase storage allowance you can purchase an SD card or eliminate a percentage of the stored information. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have any additional questions or concerns, thanks!

Matthew_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes