Samsung Brightside phone; touch screen not working at all
petey100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought my son a Samsung Brightside and the touch screen quit working on him one day. I have taken the battery out overnight and that didn't seem to help. I updated to all the latest firmware updates and still nothing. I was able to navigate to the security menu through using the keypad but for some reason I can't hit/select yes to do a reset of settings or total reset of the phone using the keypad. One of his other friends has the same issue. Is there a phone code I can use to force a reset of settings that might possibly do it? I got to believe this is an issue that other folks have experienced. If there is a solution other than swapping out the phone please let me know!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Samsung Brightside phone; touch screen not working at all
cynmarhan

Mine did the same thing, had to take it back and have it replaced.  They could not figure out why it was doing it.  Hoping my new one does not do the same thing anytime soon.. 

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside phone; touch screen not working at all
petey100
Enthusiast - Level 3

yowch did you get a new one because you bought the insurance? I unfortunately did not get the insurance!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside phone; touch screen not working at all
cynmarhan

No, the phones are good through Verizon for one year.  If you contact them, they will send you a new one and you send yours back to them. It was real easy.  We got ours at Costco but they would only exchange for 90 days so sent back to Verizon.  I think it is a defect in this phone but we will see if my new one keeps going....

0 Likes