Samsung Brightside "cannot send empty message" error
Silverbrain
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all, have a Samsung Brightside phone with one odd issue.  When I hit reply in a text, an error comes up the screen "cannot send empty message" it goes away and comes back immediately and loops like this until I hit the back button.  The behavior happens in portrait or landscape mode, with the keyboard slid out or not.  It happens regardless of which contact I am trying to reply too.  The only way to send someone a message is to start a new message and go that route.  There aren't any other issues with the phone as far as I can tell. 

I did clear a bunch of memory items to free space.

Shut off the phone, and pulled the battery for a few minutes, same behavior.

Any suggestions are appreciated, this is a rather annoying bug.

Cheers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Brightside "cannot send empty message" error
Silverbrain
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can close this thread, it turned out there was water damage that I wasn't made aware of, the water seal by the battery was pink.  Thank you for your assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention, Silverbrain. I can see how this issue may cause some annoyance.

You provided some valuable information. I understand that you've cleared items from the device. Were you able to clear all text threads as well? Does this ever occur when originating a text message?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Silverbrain
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can close this thread, it turned out there was water damage that I wasn't made aware of, the water seal by the battery was pink.  Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes