Samsung Brightside won't turn on AT ALL
djcarlypop

I've had this phone for under a year and it's been AWFUL. I never liked this phone and wouldn't have activated it if my mom hadn't yelled at me about getting charged if I didn't. So I activated it and just never used it, sticking to using an iPod touch app that lets me send text messages instead (which of course the downside to that is I need to have internet access; it's no smartphone but it's a lot better than this junk).

Thanks to starting school again, however, I had planned to use it to make calls about rides and meetings and whatnot. I charged the phone the entire night before, which didn't trigger anything wrong in my mind as I knew it was dead when I first plugged it in. The verizon logo showed up fine and then it turned off again to charge. No big deal.

When I tried to turn it on this morning to call (at my school) for a ride, it wouldn't do that at all. No charge, no indication that it was registering. Nothing. There's no water damage to either it or the battery so that can't be the case.

Back at home I plugged it into the charger and again the verizon logo shows up fine. It just won't turn on at all. I've even tried to have it plugged into the charger with the battery out (since my LG Octane, the phone I had before that, could do that just fine if I wanted to check the battery vs the phone). Nothing I do works.

I've had this phone for less than a year and it works worse than the phones I've had for 2 - 4 years. I barely touch it compared to the other phones that get tossed around and beat up so badly but still pull through and do a better job than what this joke of a phone is.

All I'm really asking is if there's a way to fix this without going to the store and seeing what they can do for me, because the phone isn't under a contract I signed personally but a family plan (and I'm no longer in contact with the family on a regular enough basis that I can freely ask). I need it for school.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside won't turn on AT ALL
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try getting another battery for the phone. Try Amazon or Verizon Wireless website for starters.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
djcarlypop

Is there any option I can try before I go and spend money, though? I've got pretty much nothing to my name and can't even afford to get something like a cheap meal off the fast food dollar menu.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important having a reliable phone is, djcarlypop. The Brightside is a great device, but it doesn't sound like you've have the greatest luck with it. It sounds like you've already tried all the great options I would have recommended to try before looking into your warranty option. Since the phone is less than one-year old and doesn't have any physical or liquid damage, as you mentioned, then the Account Owner or an authorized Account Manager can reach out to us for replacement options http://vz.to/uyYF0o.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mjbadbrightside

I have 3 of these phones and recently they have all been acting crazy.  My phone turns off on its own(ramdomly), also turns off about75% of time when I open phone to use keypad.  My sons versions will go to a black white screen when he opens key pad...will not notify of text for about 30 minutes.  My wifes is acting similar to mine, but only shuts down when she opens key pad?  I have tried to replace battery already with same indications.....Any ideas?  It seems odd that all three phones are having similar difficulties.  Please help I am on call and need a reliable phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is my middle name mjbadbrightside! It will be my pleasure to assist with your device concerns. Based on the info that you have provided, it appears that the issue may be software related. May I ask what software version do you have on the devices? Also, can I assume that there isn't any liquid/physical damage on the devices? In addition to this info, I would suggest verifying that the battery is making the proper connection to the device as this may be a factor in the phone shutting off. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

djcarlypop wrote:

...   I've had this phone for less than a year and it works worse than the phones I've had for 2 - 4 years. I barely touch it compared to the other phones that get tossed around and beat up so badly but still pull through and do a better job than what this joke of a phone is.

Can you reactivate one of the older phones?  Since you have activated the phone, you can now de-activate it by turning it off and activating another phone on your line, and it will not affect the contract.  If you still have one of those "other phones that get tossed around ... and do a better job", or if a friend has an unused Verizon phone, activate that instead.

0 Likes