Samsung Convoy 2 Alarm issues
dc77

I purchased a Samsung Convoy 2 in May 2012 and the alarm is unreliable at best. Works sometimes and sometimes not. Is there a fix for this?  I have tried everything suggested up to and including a hard reset. Still not working consistently. Anyone else having this issue?  Could being outside service area have anything to do with it?  I was told the phone doesn't need service for the alarm to work, but wondering if the time not being updated automatically because of a lack of signal could cause this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Convoy 2 Alarm issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, dc77-

I use my alarm all the time, and I know its just as important to you as it is to me! You are right, the alarm clock doesn't require being in a service area to work. I researched and did not find any related concerns to what you are experiencing. And because you've done a hard reset and still having the intermittent issue with the alarm, I believe this is a hardware related issue. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message for further assistance.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Convoy 2 Alarm issues
dc77

Aha!  I caught my alarm not working this morning.  It was supposed to go off at 4:04 a.m. and it didn't.  At 4:05 a.m. i picked up the phone and opened it and it read 3:58....... like it had not updated the time. This would certainly explain the alarm not going off. After being open for a couple of seconds, the time updated. It was in power saver mode, and I can't get any info on what that means.    I have also had it go off  2 minutes after the set time.  These two scenarios don't match because if the time updated when it was after the alarm set time, I would not expect the alarm to go off when the trigger time was passed. Don't know why I feel compelled to figure this out.  Doesn't appear anyone at Verizon shares the same need to come up with an answer. Again the elements at play here are..... in an area with intermittent signal, which would explain the time not updating until a signal was obtained. Phone going into power saver mode,  which i'm not sure what happens when it does that. And it doesn't seem to matter whether the phone is plugged into a charger or not. I have read posts about the Samsung Gusto having alarm issues also, so if anyone has any input I would appreciate hearing it.

0 Likes