Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Convoy 2 cuts off by itself
lkbarber

My husband has a Samsung Convoy 2 phone that is probably six months old.  The phone cuts off by itself several times a day.  The battery is at 100% so I don't think it is the battery.  He has to restart the phone and then several hours later, it will cut off again.  It has been doing this for several months.  The battery should not be old  because the phone is basically new.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Convoy 2 cuts off by itself
SydneyK

Hi and welcome to the forums. By cuts off, do you mean the phone powers off on its own? If so, here are a few things you can try:

• Take out the battery and wipe the gold contacts to make sure they're connecting.
  • Put a piece of folded paper between the battery and cover to make sure the battery is snugly seated.

The Convoy 2 is very rugged, which makes me think this is the battery not making contact. Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Ikbarber,

Let's get your phone working right!

is your phone cutting off when accessing certain apps or functions on the phone? What software version do you have on the phone?

Have you tried rebooting the phone by removing the battery for a minute or two? This should help refresh the device.

If the issue persist please reply with answers to the above questions so I can further assist you.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@IKbarber,

Thanks for taking the time to help out. I appreciate your assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lkbarber

It is my husband’s phone and all he uses it for is calling. He doesn’t text, email, etc. He says he is a “primitive man” and doesn’t need any of that stuff. LOL! But, yes, it just turns off by itself. Not when he is using it, but he will go to call someone and it is off. It does this several times a day. He has tried taking the battery out. Also, sometimes when it has turned off by itself, he can’t turn it back on until he takes the battery out and puts it back in again. But, sometimes, he is able to turn it back on without taking the battery out. He had this same model phone for several years and never had any trouble, so when it needed replacing, he wanted the same type phone. This one has done this (cutting off) for a while. He doesn’t realize that it has turned off until he needs to use it. In fact, yesterday, he was waiting for UPS to deliver something and wanted me to call him as soon as it arrived. He remodels homes and sells them and was waiting on this delivery. I tried to call him and no answer. I tried to call him for 30 minutes before I finally got in my car and went to the house that he was working on, only to find that his phone had cut off. Really annoying! Hope you can help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

lkbarber,

Fantastic details. Since he's using a basic phone will really no add-ons, I would recommend making sure software is up to date http://vz.to/12w8LDG . If not, please update. If it is up to date, pleae perform a master reset http://vz.to/IpPPLO . This will wipe the phone completely so please advise him to utilize Backup Assistant prior so he can retain contacts. If that doesn't help, then we'd be looking at a replacement.

0 Likes
lkbarber

I have tried all that you said to do, and it is still cutting off.  I think he got a lemon.

0 Likes
SydneyK

It's covered under the one-year warranty, so I would exchange it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for trying that Ikbarber! Allow us to troubleshoot further. I just sent you a follow request, please follow me back and send a private message with your name and mobile number.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

lkbarber

It cut off 5 or 6 times yesterday, so we took it to the Verizon store today and they are sending us a new one.  Thank you for your help.

0 Likes