Samsung Convoy 3 - Is it possible to store txt message history on the memory card? - Always running out of txt storage space on my phone. I've never gotten close to being able to store 300 messages as indicated on pg 58 of the manual, so I must be missing
A_Ohmstede

Is it possible to store txt message history on the memory card? - Always running out of txt storage space on my phone. I've never gotten close to being able to store 300 messages as indicated on pg 58 of the manual, so I must be missing something.

I might get 35 or 40 and then get storage limit warnings

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Convoy 3 - Is it possible to store txt message history on the memory card? - Always running out of txt storage space on my phone. I've never gotten close to being able to store 300 messages as indicated on pg 58 of the manual, so I must be mis
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A_Ohmstede,

Thank you for checking! The Memory option will be located under Settings in the device instead of tools. From the settings you will be able to view the Memory. Given that you have a memory card you should be able to transfer your messages also by selecting the message and then "Option". There will be an option to copy message to SD card/storage... http://bit.ly/1pbnAD6

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Convoy 3 - Is it possible to store txt message history on the memory card? - Always running out of txt storage space on my phone. I've never gotten close to being able to store 300 messages as indicated on pg 58 of the manual, so I must be mis
trevorc_vzw
Verizon Employee

A_Ohmstede,

I know it can be frustrating seeing that inbox get full and having to delete
stored messages.  I do see in the Samsung manual where it advises that it
will store a maximum of 300 messages on the phone.  The number may lower
if there are pictures messages and other things being stored on the device.
Have you checked your total Memory available in Settings and Tools? How much is
currently available?  Please let us know these details and we may be able
to help further!

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
A_Ohmstede

on my main menu, under tools & settings, I can find no menu option that brings me to an onboard memory display / availability. - In the tools menu - I have the following options - 1 - VOICE COMMANDS, 2 CALCULATOR, 3. TIP CALCULATOR, 4. CALENDAR, 5 ALARM CLOCK, 6. STOP WATCH 7. WORLD CLOCK, 8. NOTEPAD, 9. USB MASS STORAGE, 10. PHONE SEARCH.   Option 9 looks to connect to a PC via usb cable and is not an onboard card capacity mechanism.

Got any other ideas?

The mem card in the side of the phone is a 4GB card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A_Ohmstede,

Thank you for checking! The Memory option will be located under Settings in the device instead of tools. From the settings you will be able to view the Memory. Given that you have a memory card you should be able to transfer your messages also by selecting the message and then "Option". There will be an option to copy message to SD card/storage... http://bit.ly/1pbnAD6

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes