Samsung Convoy 3 alarm clock problem
Kentf

Got a new Samsung Convoy 3 recently. It's mostly OK (for an oversize, basic phone) but I've found that the alarm clock is delayed by 2-10 minutes if the phone is closed.

Further research suggest this was a problem on the previous Convoy 2 and other similar Samsung models.

Is there a fix for this? I have 2 days to return the phone to the seller.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Convoy 3 alarm clock problem
Ryan1189

I have a convoy 3, and I have had alarm clock issues also. Sometimes it works, but when the phone is closed over night the alarm will go off late, or not at all in the morning. I returned the phone for a new one because of this issue, but the new one has the exact same problem.. I found that when I open my phone, the clock time will be behind for a split second, (will read the time it was when I last closed the phone) then quickly switch to the correct time. I'm not sure if this clock time has anything to do with the alarm issue.. Does anyone else have these issues with their convoy 3? And is there a fix?

I really like the phone otherwise but this issue is really annoying.

0 Likes
hydo

I've noticed the same issue this morning.  No alarm.  Fortunately I keep a backup.  I'm looking for to resolve a bluetooth issue as well.

0 Likes
JJM432

I have been having the same problem, and others with the alarm on the Convoy 3.  I purchased mine at Costco/Verison.  I'm told Costco returned 400 units and has now refused to accept anymore Convoy 3s until all of the alarm problems are fixed.  About October 1, I was told that Samsung acknowledged a problem; since that time, Samsung has told me they know of no such problem.  I fully tested 2 phones and both had the same multiple alarm problems.  I am now trying to work with Samsung, but they seem to not return calls as promised, even from their executive customer relations office (912-761-7000).  I'd like to keep the Convoy 3 if they fix the problem.  However, after looking at the past problems with the Convoy 2, I am not sure they ever will!  I recommend more of us call the executive customer relations office; maybe that will get them to respond and fix the problem.

0 Likes