Samsung Galaxy S5 Earpiece stopped working
mjramsey00

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 less than two weeks ago and the earpiece has stopped working.

The first time it happened was about a week ago (5-29-14). I blew out the headphone jack with canned air,pulled the battery, rebooted the phone, and even did a factory reset. Nothing resolved the issue. I took it into the Verizon store and they said that there was something caught in the head phone jack. They used Canned air to blow out the headphone jack and my phone started working again. I asked them what if this is actually a bad connection in the earpiece and they assured me that the only issue was that there was something in the head phone jack. I asked them if they would just give me a new phone because I was within my 14 day purchase period and they said it wasn't necessary.

It has been less than a full week(6-3-14) and the earpiece has stopped working again. I followed all of their troubleshooting steps. I have even downloaded an app called SoundAbout and that has not resolved the issue. If I press on the area that has the earpiece I can get sound for short burst, which seems to indicate to me that this is a connection issue and not an issue with something in the headphone jack.

Any assistance is appreciated. I do not want to void my warranty etc. so I'm not willing to pull the phone apart myself to check the earpiece connections.

It is currently running Android version 4.4.2.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Earpiece stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mjramsey00

I am terribly sorry for the experiences you've had with your new Samsung Galaxy S 5!  I want to ensure you are able to fully enjoy your new device.

Seeing that you have already tried all of the necessary troubleshooting steps for your device issue, we can definitely look into replacement options for you.  Did you purchase your Galaxy S 5 in a store?  If so, I recommend returning for a possible exchange within your 14 day Worry Free Guarantee Exchange period.  Otherwise, accept my "follow" request and send me a Direct Message so that I can further assist with this issue.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Earpiece stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mjramsey00

I am terribly sorry for the experiences you've had with your new Samsung Galaxy S 5!  I want to ensure you are able to fully enjoy your new device.

Seeing that you have already tried all of the necessary troubleshooting steps for your device issue, we can definitely look into replacement options for you.  Did you purchase your Galaxy S 5 in a store?  If so, I recommend returning for a possible exchange within your 14 day Worry Free Guarantee Exchange period.  Otherwise, accept my "follow" request and send me a Direct Message so that I can further assist with this issue.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes