Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Samsung Gusto 2 T9 problem
Dan99999

I have a Gusto 2 and can't get T9 texting to work properly. I can turn on T9, but when I type a word (example: call), I can't change it. None of the phone buttons work to change the word - I've tried every button on the phone, or so it seems. So if I want to change call to ball or balk or whatever, I can't do it. Does anyone know if this should work on this model, and if so, how? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto 2 T9 problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey there Dan99999,

I can certainly understand how frustrating this can be for you. I know when I would text on one of my other phones, I would always type "good" instead of "home." I'd be going "good" instead of "home" many times! Needless to say, I can let you know how to toggle the word.

• Press the key for each letter only once.
• Enter the entire word before editing or deleting characters. Press clear (CLR) to backspace and clear one character, or press and hold to clear an entire word.
• If T9 Word inserts the wrong word, press the zero (0) key to toggle between other matching words.
• Press star (*) to toggle between T9 Word (initial case), T9 word(lower case) and T9 WORD (upper case).
• To enter a space, press pound (#).
• Press one (1) once to enter a period, twice to enter :), or three times to enter :-). These are smilies.
• Press and hold any key to enter the number on the key.

Just in case, this website can help you as well http://bit.ly/XQh0Xj. If you come to a word that is not in the dictionary (you are pressing 0 and it's not finding a matching word), then just simply turn off T9, type the word, and turn T9 back on.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto 2 T9 problem
Dan99999

It works! Thanks very much for the reply, I really appreciate it.

-Dan

0 Likes