Samsung Gusto 2 pre-paid as a contract phone replacement
Medic_Foxx

Hello,

I'll just start by saying I had the Sony Xperia Play and it was a terrible phone. In the end it broke and I have two months before my contract allows me to upgrade.

I went out and bought the pre-paid Samsung Gusto 2 for $15 at walmart, thinking I could use it as a temp phone like I did with T-moblie when I simply switched the Sim card and it worked just fine.

Now Verizon doesn't have a Sim card, so I can't do that, and I either have to call, go in store, or do it online. I tried calling and it simply hangs up on me saying "We're sorry you're having problems. Good-bye." I tried doing it online and it just gave me an error message.

Does anyone know if Verizon just doesn't allow you to use this kind of phone as a temporary replacement?

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Gusto 2 pre-paid as a contract phone replacement
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

A pre-pay device has to be active on a prepay account for at least 6 months before you can activate on a contract account. So you cant use it. You will have to get a phone from eBay, craigslist, a friend, verizons cpo program, or see if they will upgrade early.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

A pre-pay device has to be active on a prepay account for at least 6 months before you can activate on a contract account. So you cant use it. You will have to get a phone from eBay, craigslist, a friend, verizons cpo program, or see if they will upgrade early.

0 Likes
Medic_Foxx

Wow, that's disappointing. Thanks for your answer though, at least now I know what I've got to work with.

0 Likes