Samsung Gusto 2 turns itself off
wrtiii

My Samsung Gusto 2 that I got from Verizon Wireless in April is randomly turning itself off. This is getting increasingly frequent, and over the past weekend it must have happened 20 times. The battery appears fine, it is fully charged, and nothing bad has happened to the phone. What are my options?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto 2 turns itself off
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since I can't see the phone, I'm going to take a guess that maybe the battery is not making a solid connection inside the phone - this happened to my daughter's, and many others', ENV3 phones.

Take the battery out, clean the contacts carefully with a Q-tip, and then add a small piece of an index card or a folded scrap of paper on top of the battery in the compartment so it is a tighter fit and the connection to the gold contacts in the phone is very solid.

Once we did this, my daughter's phone stayed on much more consistently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing your equipment concerns with the community wrtiii. We know how important it is to stay connected, especially while on the go. May I ask did you try the suggestion that SuzyQ provided? Thanks SuzyQ. If you have and the issue persist then may I ask are you using the original battery with the device? Can I assume that there isn't any physical or liquid damage on the device? If everything is in order then please send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a 2-3 sentence summary of the issue so we can explore options.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wrtiii

I finally got through to a Verizon support tech who is getting me a replacement phone (it's only a couple of months old and under warranty). It's the original battery and has not been damaged or wet. It looks fine, and I don't think it's because the battery is loose because it will shut itself off when just sitting on a table untouched.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear it wrtiii! I'm confident the replacement device will resolve your concerns.

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
phall614
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same phone, not sure how old it is but for the past month has been turning itself off randomly. I will try SuzyQ's approach and advise of the outcome.

0 Likes
phall614
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cleaning the connections and adding note card material between battery and cover does not work. Phone turned itself off at least 3 times today...Going to Verizon store tonight 😞

0 Likes
phall614
Enthusiast - Level 2

Solution!

It turned out that my phone turned itself off everytime the lid was closed quickly or opened quickly. Since learning that I have been opening and closing the phone gently and it has stayed on for the past week. No more snapping the phone open quick like Captain Kirk!

Teacher1234

I have the same issue with my son's Gusto 2 phone. It also turns itself off. When I open it, it is off and then I have to hold

the button until the Verizon logo/sound comes on.

My question is this. When this phone turns itself off does it still communicate with the towers or is it completely off with no cell tower communication?

0 Likes