Samsung Gusto 3 keeps rebooting
CGarland

My new Samsung Gusto 3 keeps rebooting.  It looks like it's trying to make a data connection (the data indicator turns on and the "S" icon shows).

Why is it doing this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto 3 keeps rebooting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
CGarland,

This is not how we want your new Gusto working. Has it been like this since you activated it? Does it continue if you remove the battery from the back for a few minutes? This link shows you how: http://vz.to/1gQGt1T

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CGarland

I first activated the phone 3 days ago.

I’ve removed the battery for a few minutes a couple of times. The problem seems to go away for a little while. Then starts up again.

I’ve also reactivated the phone using *22898

Mostly, the phone is just sitting on my desk – I’m not doing anything when this happens. I just see the Verizon logo on my screen like it’s booting up and then the phone returns to the home screen. When I open up the phone, it is showing the data connection active icon. The “S” icon is also showing. I don’t have anything set. The GPS is set to 911.

It has also happened while I am doing something on the phone, cutting off whatever it was I was doing.

????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CGarland,thanks for those details. Does your phone have any physical or liquid damage?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CGarland

The phone is brand new out-of-the box as of 7/20/15. I’ve barely used it. It mostly just sits on my desk…

Thanks for your attention!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CGarland, thanks for those detail. Have you charged the phone to full capacity since you've had it?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CGarland

Yes, I’ve charged it fully several times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That issue is of great concern CGarland especially if it's not connecting to anything in particular such as Backup Assistant or a similar service. I also couldn't find any similar reports of this issue happening with other Gusto 3 devices. At this point, we'd definitely recommend returning it while its still within the 14-day return period as defective. This will ensure there is no restocking fee.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CGarland

Thank you for your help.

I have returned the phone for another which works fine!

0 Likes
CGarland

It’s doing it again! The new phone I got is now rebooting itself over and over again same as the old one! What’s going on?

I got the new phone yesterday and it worked fine. Last night, I turned it off and this morning charged it up fully. After the charging, the phone started doing the reboot dance again! I don’t understand. nce it reboots, the phone shows an active data connection for a few moments. If I try and do something on the phone it tells me that I can’t do it during an active call.

What’s going on?

0 Likes