Samsung Gusto 3 reminders are not working
timsw2000

Reminders for text messages, missed calls and voice mail are not working. I will get the original notification, but no reminder. I have all reminders turned on and set for 2 minutes. I have verified that sounds are enabled for reminders. I have not done any other troubleshooting so far.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto 3 reminders are not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello timsw2000.

I want to make sure we get your notifications back up and running.  Have you changed any other settings to your phone? Any new changes to your ringtones added? Keep us updated to better assist.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
timsw2000

For some reason I can't log back into the Verizon Community board. I tried to reset my password and I got an e-mail response back to "contact my administrator". As far as the phone, the reminders have never worked. I got the phone in December 2014 and the reminders have never worked at all. I am using the sounds that came with the phone, I have not added any new ones. I verified that the sounds are working and that you can hear them. I am assuming that the reminder sound is supposed to be the same as the alert sound? I also have vibrate enabled for the alert. So is the reminder supposed to be a sound and vibrate? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I very much understand your concern and want to ensure that your reminders are working in prime function. To ensure I'm on the same page. How are you setting the alerts? ( Menu > Settings > Sounds > Alert Sounds )

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
timsw2000

I am setting the reminders exactly as you stated. Menu > Settings > Sounds > Alert Sounds. I have alerts set for TXT Message, MMS Message and Voicemail. Under each of those 3 there are settings for Tone, Vibrate and Reminder. I have all reminders turned for Every 2 min.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Timsw2000,

Thanks for details! Alerts are important for reminders. Do you have vibrate turned on under the sound settings as well? If so, please turn vibrate off then test the reminder sound.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
timsw2000

Reminders still do not work with vibrate turned off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello timsw2000! My apologies for the trouble you're running into! Let's also try to remove the battery for 1 minute, then reinsert battery and power on to test. Thanks in advance and keep us posted!

KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
timsw2000

I removed the battery for 1 minute as suggested. After putting the battery back in and turning the phone back on the reminders still do not work.

0 Likes