Samsung Gusto 3 - ring delay
pjpjpj11

I opted for a delay before the ringing starts for incoming calls.  How do I undo this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto 3 - ring delay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly want to assist you with this delayed ring issue, pjpjpj11. In review of my resources, I am not locating any information about this particular feature. How did you set this delayed ring option? Did you do it on the phone itself? Did you do it online?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only "delay" feature for incoming calls is for a "Fake Call" - and even this was news to me - I had no idea you could fake a an incoming call to conveniently ring your phone, even fake a voice on the other end.  Amazing....

Setting up Fake Calls

Enable, and choose options, for Fake Calls.

1. From the Home screen, press the Left Soft Key Menu ➔ Settings ➔ Call ➔ Fake Call.

2. Follow these steps to set up Fake Calls:

• Enable Fake Calls by choosing On in the Fake Call On/Off setting.

• Set the Fake Call Timer by choosing the length of time to elapse between the time you press the Volume Key four times and the ringing of the Fake Call. Choose 5 seconds, 10 Seconds, 30 Seconds, 1 Minute, or 3 Minutes.

• Choose a Fake Caller Voice, if desired, by selecting Use Fake Call Voice to have a sound to play through the earpiece when you answer a fake call, or select No Voice to have no audio through the earpiece when you answer a Fake Call.

• Enter Fake Caller Info so a fake Caller ID displays when the Fake Call rings, or choose Restricted so the Fake Call displays as a Restricted number.

Initiating a Fake Call From idle mode with the phone closed, press the Volume Key Down 4 times. After the Fake Call Timer period elapses, your phone rings to notify you of the fake call. If you entered Fake contact Info, it appears on the screen, or “Restricted” appears. When you answer the Fake Call, you’ll hear the Fake Call Voice audio (if you selected it in Fake Call settings).

0 Likes
pjpjpj11

Hello,

I believe I was offered a 10 second delay option when I was choosing a ringtone. I did it on the phone itself - not from the internet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details. I carefully reviewed the support information that we have for the Gusto 3, and nothing indicates the ability to add/remove a 10 second delay while adding a ringtone. Please confirm at this link: http://spr.ly/6584Bw938

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes