Samsung Haven sent outbox "Old" is full
PepperthePup

When I send a txt msg from my Samsung Haven, I get an error msg that says my sent outbox old  is full.  I look in my sent file and nothing is there.  I called VZ customer svc & they said it is fixed - but it is not.  When I send a msg it shows over 160 msg at the top of the msg.  How do I fix this?  Samsung says it is Verizon.  Help.  Where is this "old" outbox and how do I empty it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Haven sent outbox "Old" is full
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Pepperth ePup! I want to help you resolve this messaging issue. I have a work around but I'll need your help in processing it. Can you please send me a personal message through the forum? Include your name, your mobile number, a phone that I can call you on and a good time of day to reach you. Thanks!

0 Likes
jhallthree

I am having the same issue.  When I send a text is tells me to delete old messages outbox full, but when I go to my outbox it says it is empty.

0 Likes
dws

I've had the same problem with my Haven phone on at least three occasions. No one was able to resolve my problem. Verizon sent me new phones due to this problem. Within a few months, the new phones had the same problem. Yesterday, the problem came back with my latest Haven phone. Was Verizon able to resolve your problem and if so how?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for everyone's input on this issue.  I have confirmed that this issue has been reported to Samsung, and there is going to be new software released for the handset to remedy this problem.  In the meantime, we have a workaround that can be done in the stores only using their software tool.  This must be done at a Verizon Wireless corporate store (check for yours here)

If your store employee isn't familiar with this issue (it's not very well-known), the steps to find the information is InfoManager>Equipment Guide> Haven> Device Forums. There are several posts with instructions on how to work around this issue until the software is released (no ETA yet).

Thanks for your patience, and if anyone has any updates on their issue, feel free to post as it may help others in the same boat. 

Regards,

0 Likes
wilddj

My husband's Haven is having a similar problem.  It says the INBOX is full when there are no messages in it, and whenever a message is received, he loses any text message that has come before it AND if he was working on sending a text message, the draft gets erased too.

So basically everytime he receives a text message, everything gets erased and if I send him more than one in less than two minutes, I really make him angry because he wasn't even done reading the first one or sending the reply before they both get deleted to make room for the latest text message.

Is this the same problem with the same solution?

0 Likes
lenb1967

I have the exact same issue.  Went to a corporate store in Atlanta and only got the deer in the headlights look.  Is there anyway to download the flash/upgrade software and perform this from a laptop?  This is extremely frustrating.  4 months until free upgrade.  Seriously considering going back to other service provider and see what they can provide...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There isn't a way to do this from a laptop lenb1967. If there was a way, I'd happy to give it to you! Please visit your local corporate store www.vzw.com/storelocator  You may also want to call ahead with your request so they have a heads up! Hope that helps.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
richard6596

Has a software update been released yet to resolve this issue? I've called samsung and so far all they can come up with is a master reset, which doesn't work. I have also called verizon cust service and they said since they don't sell that phone anymore they won't do anything to help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Richard,

Thanks for the post! I would suggest bringing the phone to a corporate store as suggested in the post above. Our store location can flash the phone! Let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks!

Katie H
VZW Suppport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes