Samsung Intensity 3 Out of Memory
JS2013

Have a Samsung Intensity 3 and it is telling me it is out of memory and I can't send pictures.  Even after getting rid of my pictures to my home computer the message still is there.  What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity 3 Out of Memory
Maco70

"Your phone has reached the maximum number of files. Please remove applications and/or files to clear space."

That whole thing? I get the same message. I have no files or apps on the phone, and I have even emptied my call history and old texts.

I know this has to do with Back Up Assistant (which cannot be removed from this particular phone). So what gives?

0 Likes
redtillman
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Samsung intensity 2 started giving me the same message your phone has reached the maximum number of files etc. and I have no new apps and deleted all messages and history.  WHAT GIVES?

0 Likes
redtillman
Enthusiast - Level 2

called customer service,   do a *228  when message comes on press 1 to reprogram you phone... worked for me

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JS2013, no worries. You're not yet out of steps that we can try to resolve this issue. We recommend that you delete all "unwanted" text messages, pictures, videos, call logs, and applications. Once you have cleaned your device out, you will need to power it off/on to soft reset it and try to send another picture message. Keep us posted. We're here to further assist you if needed.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
redtillman
Enthusiast - Level 2

With a chat with Heidi one of the customer service assistance, she told me to try*228 option 1 and it worked.

Thanks for the follow up

Maco70

As I mentioned above. All "unwanted" text messages, pictures, videos, call logs, and applications have been removed, and I still get the message.

The message is from Back Up assistant (which is obviously malfunctioning). Unfortunately there is no way to remove it from the phone.

Any more suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Maco70,

Let's get this memory mystery corrected! Have you tried to input a memory card in your phone.  It does have a slot to hold up to an additional 32GB of storage. As for the Back Up Assistant error, you should only be seeing this if you have a data block on your line.  Please long into your My Verizon account and view your features. http://bit.ly/xB4iTc I am sure we can get this resolved.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
redtillman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well thanks Bobby but as I answered the last email, I went on a verizon chat with tech and Heidi told me to do a *228 then option 1, and it worked very well to fix the issue. I have seen in the community that there are others with this problem, and it all started with in a day of when my problem happened. I posted the answer there too.

Thank you very much for the email I am glad to see that verizon would be taken care of the problem.

Have a nice day.

0 Likes
Maco70

Thank you for responding.

I do not intend to expand the memory since I don't plan on keeping any files on the phone long term anyway.

I do have a data block on my phone, because I do not have/nor intend to have a data plan on my phone.

Now what?

0 Likes