Samsung Intensity II - Alarm Problems
susannah

I got my phone in December.  My alarm works sporadically.  Some mornings it goes off and some it doesn't.  I always set it for once and the volume is up.  When my back up alarm (clock) goes off, it still says the alarm it set even though it has not gone off.  I took my phone into the store and was given a replacement phone.  It worked all week.  This morning the alarm did not go off again.  Anyone had this problem or have any ideas for what to do?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity II - Alarm Problems
Not applicable

Susannah, I understand how important the alarm function can be on a phone. I use my phone for an alarm also. I checked our known issues for the Samsung Intensity II and I have not seen this issue reported so far. For your alarm ringtone, are you using one of the default ringtones or a downloaded ringtone? If you are using a downloaded ringtone, try using one of the default ringtones in case the phone is not playing the ringtone.

After your alarm didn't go off the first time, did it still show the alarm was set? Has this happened again since then?

Please let me know your results so that I can assist further.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
susannah

I use the default ringtone as my ringtone for my alarm. 

The alarm didn't go off at 7am today.  When I looked at the phone at 7:15am, it was still set to go off. 

It didn't go off yesterday either. 

The volume is set to medium high.  I check it every night.

I'm open to any suggestions for ways I can make this work.

Thanks!

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello susannah,

I know the alarm feature is an very important function.  As Marquia advised I don't see this is a common issue with this device so if you have power cycled, removed and re-added an alarm time, changed the ringtone and are still unsuccessful I would suggest a master reset.  This will erase every thing on the phone, so be sure to back up the device up.  You can back up your contacts with the Backup Assistant application on your device.  Please follow the visuals here to back up contacts and follow the visuals here to reset. Once the device is back up from the reset please dial *228 send option 1 to re-program and test the alarm.  Please respond with your results so I may further assist you if needed.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Allen5540

Mine has not gone off TWICE now. I just discovered something that I think is the stupidest  idea I've ever seen on a phone! Go to Edit and scroll down to where you can chose the ringtone but look in the box directly above it! That box should say Tone and not Light Only. Why would they include a feature to only turn on the light when setting an alarm??? How dumb is that? It keeps tending to default back to that Light Only position. Samsung needs to remove that choice entirely from the menu, it makes the otherwise handy alarm completely unuseable! The advice above from Tominique Bo will not solve the problem, obviously the Verizon reps don't know about that dumb little box! I just tested mine and it now works. Make sure to check this each & every time you set an alarm! What a freakin' hassle that is! My advice to Tominique Bo: 1. You do not have to reset a phone to resolve issues with it every time! 2. Become familiar with the device your offering advise on, pick up the phone and actually go through the boxes on the Intensity II before offering just "generic" advise that won't solve the problem!

0 Likes
Allen5540

Edit then scroll down to Ringer. The first box should say Tone not Light Only. The phone is set to Light Only as that is mysteriously set as the default position. Change that and your alarm will now work!

0 Likes
inkrealm

I got my Samsung Intensity II just last week after my SI-I finally crashed, and I've been having this issue as well.....

( my Intensity-I never had any issues...... )

I've got about five alarms set to go off at certain intervals, and only about two of them ever actually function...... ( edit: although all of mine are admittedly the downloaded ringtones except for a few vibrates, which also fail to go off. )

I've checked all my settings and none of them are set for light only, although that is a good thing to check.

I hadn't shut it off sense setting the alarms, so I tried that and I'll have to see if they work tomorrow....

I really hope this can be fixed......

edit: my calendar notifications also seem to have trouble going off sometimes. my workout and bedtime reminders seem to go off fine ( using the verzion default theme ); my 8:30 and 9:00 wake-up reminders never go off though. ( downloaded ringtones. )

I've not yet tried a verizon ringtone other than the default one, so I'm not sure if they'd still work or not.

In a nutshell for me,

the default theme always seems to work,

I have yet to test any of the other pre-added ringtones,

two of my downloaded ones work great, but all the rest seem to fail,

and vibrate doesn't work? 0.o

I have no idea why the vibrate wouldn't function.

the two downloaded that work were forwarded in a text message from my old phone to my mother's phone to my new phone, whereas the rest were direct downloaded, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I'm going to try to test that one out.

0 Likes
nnnhhh

The alarm on this phone does in fact not work all the time.  I am using the default ring tone and it is not set to light only.  When I was first late for work, I did a little investigating and found that if you hit the clear button immediately it will shut off the alarm completely.  I did this a few times in a hazy sleep in the morning and did not realize it, but when you do that it shows your alarm as off.  I watched my alarm not go off the other morning, and it shows that it is still on.  Since I realized that I could easily turn it off by hitting the clear button instead of the unlock button as they are right on top of each other I have been setting at least two alarms.  I watched my second alarm not go off the first time, I was lucky enough to already be awake at the time.  Last night I had two alarms not go off.  I have had enough pain with this phone, and the clear/unlock issue caused me to be late for court (I am a small time attorney is why I have such a shitty phone).  Actually, my alarm, next to text messaging, is what I use this phone most for, and now, I don't even see the real point of owning it.  I will not be relying on this phone's alarm, and I would advise other owners to stay away too.

0 Likes