Samsung Intensity II group messaging?
StarryMeiko

My friend has a Samsung Intensity II and my other friend and I both have iPhones. We're trying to do a group text, but my friend with the Intensity II keeps receiving the text as a blank picture message. Is it possible to group text with her Intensity II?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity II group messaging?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello StarryMeiko,

I want you to be able to communicate with your friends without hassle!  I have confirmed that the Intensity II does not currently support group messaging.  I apologize for any confusion that this has caused.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
jt27516

I am experiencing the same exact problem with group text msgs received at out Samsung Intentsity II phone that are empty.  When you reply to the empty group text msg, the response does not get received by all the recipients and original sender. If the group msg contains a picture, then the text part of the group msg arrives along with the picture. 

I have checked and there are no s/w updates available for this phone to resolve this issue.  I have lodged a formal problem with Verizon Wireless and been on the phone for almost 2 hours with 1st and 2nd level tech support and am now being told that by tech support that there is no information available to them internally or from samsung acknowledging this problem as apparently this Jive powered forum and the response by Verizon Wireless  Customer Support (whoever that is) carries no weight with tech support.  I am asking for an upgrade (even though my acct is not eligible yet)  to either the Samsung Intensity III (if the problem is fixed in that device) or a Samsung BrightSide if there truly is a problem with the Intensity II that cannot be fixed rather than have my Intensity be replaced by another Intensity.

Unless someone is fraudulent posting as the  Verizon Wireless  Customer Support user, there seems to be a BIG disconnect with what Verizon is telling us customers via this forum and via tech support telephone calls.

is the Verizon Wireless  Customer Support user legit ?

My case is still open with Verizon and i hope we can get a resolution to this issue.

0 Likes
locaparajc

Are there any basic phones which support group messaging? I'm in the market.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Borregas
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife just tried forwarding the group message to me and discovered something.  At some point in that process (before she actually sent the message) she was able to read the text!  It's not as convenient, but it's a useable work-around for those who don't wish to go through the hassle of getting a new phone.  Hope this helps. 🙂

llawinger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for posting this!  You're right... it's not as convenient, but it does work!  Really appreciate the work-around!

0 Likes
Borregas
Enthusiast - Level 1

So glad it helped. Actually, it was your question that got us trying other things. We've had these Intensity II phones for over a year and never were able to read group messages...so thank you. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Trunewf

I have had this very same problem.  I spent 30 minutes on the phone this morning with Verizon Customer Care in an effort to resolve it.  While the CC rep was wonderful, never once did she advise me that my phone was the issue.  Will Verizon correct this problem with the Samsung Intensity II or am I going to have to purchase a new phone?

0 Likes
dan39bucs

I have the First intensity and I am able to send group messages by sending the text as a picture message, but group messages are received one by one, and in order to stay within the group I have to send the response as a picture message and I have to add all the contacts back in, but I made it easier by creating a group with the people i normally group chat with

0 Likes