Re: Samsung Intensity III Alarm Issues
bloodstone02
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I have a solution.  When you open the alarms application. Highlight the alarm you want to set and hit options.  There should be an option to "turn on" the alarm.  If its not turned on, it won't work.  I tested this a few times and it seems to have fixed my alarm problems.  Found this article that was extremely helpful: http://techtips.salon.com/set-alarm-samsung-intensity-26957.html.  Hope that helps.

ZVUser22
Enthusiast - Level 1

We purchased 2 of these phones in summer of 2012

We had the exact alarm problems that everyone is complaining about

Verizon sent us new phones and they both have the alarm issue

Verizon does not seem to be putting out a fix for this

When you call VZ they say humm, no we are not getting complaints on this issue, but this forum is loaded with people logging complaints to them. And in the VZ store is also loaded with complaints

There seems to be a big disconnect between complaints and resolutions

fandyboy

I just got a Intensity III at Walmart and I have the same alarm clock issue.  It worked twice (but not the first time I tried).  Its been set for a few days now and doesn't go off at 7:00am as indicated nor does it think it went off, its just always set. I am still in the 30 day window so I guess its time for a new/different phone.

0 Likes
Nosborn94

I am having the exact same issues that are described here. The alarm will work if you set it to"daily", the clock to military time, if set within the same AM or PM period. It does not work otherwise especially in PM to AM or AM to PM switches. I like the phone otherwise but I don't like the idea of a brand new phone having something not work.

On top of that when I make a call the sound is off every other call. I did not experience this issue until I bought this phone. I'm on my second new Samsung Intensity III and still having issues. It even did this when I had to make a 911 call yesterday in the desert where the reception was cutting in and out.

0 Likes
apitch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly right.  Same experience here.

0 Likes
apitch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Those work-arounds don't work on my Intensity 3.  Tried military time, tried "daily" option.  No good.

apitch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope.  Same experience and frustration here.

0 Likes
kjslack
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife's new Intensity 3 is having the same alarm issue that is reported here. No, Verizon Support Rep, the problem has NOT been fixed, and you did NOT give the correct answer. All you did was pass the buck onto your customers and assume that they are doing something stupid. It is an issue that needs to be dealt with and acknowledged. It may be difficult to reproduce but your forums are filled with reports of this problem (I found at least three different threads reporting this issue with multiple people confirming this issue on each thread).

I am a software tester by trade. I made sure that the alarm was configured correctly (just like on my Intensity 2 phone). I made sure that the alarm was turned on. I made sure that the volume was turned up. I set a custom tone as well as verizon provided tones.

Please address this issue or at least inform Samsung so that the issue can get resolved. This feature not working is about to cause my wife to return this phone that is in all other respects a good and reliable phone.

SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I would also contact Samsung and ask if it's releasing a software update to fix this issue. Here's a page for your wife's phone, with contact information.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-U485NSAVZW

jakebuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got an Intensity III and am having this issue, any resolution yet?

0 Likes