Samsung Intensity III - Pairs, But Will Not Connect
AutomotiveTestDriver
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to a Samsung Intensity III one week ago, and I just made arrangements to replace it. That's because I've found while it will pair successfully with any device I've tried (3 headsets and one vehicle), once paired it will not successfully connect with any of them. Hands-free connectivity is very important for me, and if the phone won't allow that, it's a deal-breaker. I contacted Samsung's technical support people and asked for assistance, and their reply was I should contact my vehicle's manufacturer because it was their problem. Prior to this I was using an LG Venus and just recently switched to a new one I'd purchased on eBay and had in storage as a "spare" or "backup" phone. I made the switch after a portion of my earlier Venus' touch screen went bad, but then found Verizon, in an obvious push to get us to quit using older devices, wouldn't allow me to download Backup Assistant to this new, virgin Venus. So I decided to do an upgrade, despite that meaning I'd be charged the new $30.00 BS fee and would be disposing of a virtually new Venus.

Well, since the Intensity III is "broken", I'll be replacing it in the next few days. I don't like Samsung's attitude that it's "someone else's fault", so I won't give another Intensity III a try. I don't need a touch screen (in fact I don't even need a QWERTY keyboard, since I don't text), so despite all the negative reviews I guess I'll go back to LG and try a Cosmos 2. Hopefully it will work. If not, I guess I'll try to return it too, and maybe just rely on software to back up my contacts (and calendar!) to my computer periodically. In that case, I'll want my $30.00 back too. I've been a Verizon customer for 20 years and wouldn't think that to be too much to ask.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity III - Pairs, But Will Not Connect
tmchawaii

I have the same problem, pairs but will not connect to a jabra cruiser2 speakerphone.  It also pairs but does not connect to a motorola s305 headset.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

What kind of vehicle?

0 Likes
AutomotiveTestDriver
Enthusiast - Level 2

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T. We also have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with built-in Bluetooth, but I gave up on the Samsung (and all Samsung handsets) before I tried pairing and connecting to it. I'm now using an LG Cosmos 2 and it's working well with any Bluetooth device I've thrown at it.

0 Likes
AutomotiveTestDriver
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Intensity III I had for a week wouldn't even connect to a Samsung headset. The LG Cosmos 2 I have now paired AND connected to the Samsung headset and a couple of LG Bluetooth headsets as well.

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

Samsung Intensity III - this is the worst phone they ever made. Somehow I was able to pair to my car, and then I got a terrible echo when I was on the phone out of my car. Today I found that the alarm is not working. 

I gave up on this model – I had three phones in three weeks!!!

I purchased Samsung Sway on eBay, spoke with VZW today and the $30.00 upgrade fee were refunded.

Lewisr13, it’s not even worth of your time to seek for a solution.

0 Likes
tmchawaii

For Samsung Intensity iii try restoring phone to factory defaults. then reactivate *228. then the bluetooth paired AND connected

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

I did all of this and more with VZW tech support. Now, the phone is connected.

0 Likes