Samsung Intensity III Speaker Malfunction
JenniferJill

Just recently, my Samsung Intensity III speaker stopped working. My phone rings and when I answer, I cannot hear the caller.

If I try to call, I also do not hear ringing or the person answering, even though they can hear me and the call timer is running.

If I call someone with the speakerphone button on, then it works.... so I'm figuring it must be the microphone.

I have not dropped the phone or gotten it wet. It is over 2 years old (how convenient... time for an upgrade?!?!) but I have done nothing differently than before. Any ideas? Is this an easy fix or would it be better to just call it quits and get a new phone?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Intensity III Speaker Malfunction
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JenniferJill!

I apologize for the issues you're experiencing with your Intensity III! If you've tried removing & reinserting the battery and are still experiencing this problem, chances are that the microphone is out. However, you could back up your device and complete a Factory Data Reset, which would clear the software and may correct the issue if it is not the microphone. If you have purchased the extended warranty, you may have the option to replace with the same model, otherwise you can consider the upgrade options you have available.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JenniferJill!

I apologize for the issues you're experiencing with your Intensity III! If you've tried removing & reinserting the battery and are still experiencing this problem, chances are that the microphone is out. However, you could back up your device and complete a Factory Data Reset, which would clear the software and may correct the issue if it is not the microphone. If you have purchased the extended warranty, you may have the option to replace with the same model, otherwise you can consider the upgrade options you have available.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PaigeV

I have the same problem which started recently with my Intensity. Battery removal and reinsertion did not help. How do I backup and do the Factory Data Reset?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would be very upsetting PaigeV. I would love to help. Was the device damaged? Here's how to wipe the device: http://spr.ly/6580hU26

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PaigeV

Joel,I tried the reset, and successfully re-populated my contacts, but the microphone problem persists. Do I have any options in the way of getting a refurbished Intensity III? Paige Van Pelt   

105 Charleston Blvd.

Isle of Palms, SC 29451

cell:  (843) 670-1764

email:  pvanpelt1@yahoo.com 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PaigeV,

That is definitely good to hear about the contacts! We still want to ensure that you have a fully functional device. Are you aware if the device is still within the 1 years manufacturers warranty? Is there any physical or water damage to the device? If still within warranty it can be replaced with a certified like new device at no charge, but the device would need to be free of damage. Take a look here to see how damage can be identified http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-identify-device-damage/.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes