Samsung Intensity III battery life is going faster
mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

I've had this phone for a few months. now I am having to charge it every other day it seems. I started out with 3 bars this morning, now down to 1 so it goes on the charger. Can't risk letting it die because I only have an wall charger and no car charger.

Is it me or is it draining faster than it should be? It claims to have 300 minutes of usage time which I do not come even close to in a day. Plus 300 hours of standby time. Not even sure what standby time means.

I never shut it off so does that play any factor in this? I hope this battery isn't crapping out already. Phone isn't even that old and will be another new one not for a year and a half.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity III battery life is going faster
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

No, you shouldn't need to shut it off. You can try a few things though: Turn down the display brightness, and change your settings so the display and keypad backlights shut off in the shortest time possible. If you get lots of calls and texts, turn off vibrate and repeat notifications.

Although I don't think charging every other day is that bad, if the problem persists, stop in a corporate store and ask to have your battery tested. You can also order an extra battery to pop in as needed, or buy an inexpensive car charger.

0 Likes