Samsung Intensity III music player issues
jakebuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got an Intensity III and have a few issues with the music player (and the alarm but that's for another thread).

First, some mp3s cause the phone to reboot. I found one album that was having this issue on every song and after a lot of troubleshooting figured out that the embedded album art was causing the issue. Now I've discovered that there are more songs with this issue on my phone, but since the issue has only appeared while I had all songs playing on shuffle, I can't discover which ones are the culprits. Is there a solution to this poor coding other than stripping all the embedded album art from my songs (of which I have 20 gigs or so)?

Second, when you play an album, the music is played in alphabetical order by song title. This is not how a music player should function. Is there a solution to this other than batch editing all the songs to make sure that the song title starts with the track number?

Third, would there be a way to browse by artist and then by albums from that artist? As it is now if you browse by artist it will start playing all songs by that artist on the device (in alphabetical order like the above issue). You can browse by album name, but if you don't know the exact name of the album you want you won't be able to find it as the albums are also listed in alphabetical order without the artist's name shown. Again, I could batch edit all the mp3s to have the album name start with the artist, but this is a sloppy fix.

Anyone have any suggestions or solutions? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity III music player issues
jakebuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, the volume buttons stop responding if a calender reminder goes off while you're listening to music. The volume indicator shows the volume as changing, but the music stays the same volume. To restore their functionality you have to stop or pause the music and resume it.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity III music player issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Derar Jakebuck,

Good morning. Congrats on the new phone! Being able to listen to music on your phone is so convenient. Sorry to see your experiencing difficulties with music files on your phone.

I have verified there are no known issues with the music player on the Samsung Intensity 3. Is there a certain error message that appears when the song stops playing? If you are experiencing difficulties with certain music not playing, we recommend removing all art work to music you have on file. Unfortunately, there is not a way to do this all at once directly from the phone. Although, there is not a shuffle option, you do have the ability to create a play list. To create a playlist follow the steps below:

1.  Press the right soft key to choose Options.
2.  Select Create New then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.
3.  Enter the playlist name then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.
4.  Press the left soft key to choose View.
5.  Select a song(s) then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Mark. Press the left soft key to choose Done.
Press the right soft key to choose Mark All.

Should you experience difficulites or need further assistance. Please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes