Samsung Intensity III not able to send or receive picture messages
Becc83

My Samsung Intensity III will not send or receive any picture messages when I am in certain locations (i.e. when I'm at home, where i have lived without issues for several years).  The screen shows that it is sending or receiving and shows the percentage, but after 5+ minutes it doesn't get past 50%.  I've tried deleting messages, sending small vs. large pictures, turning the phone on/off, as well as removing the battery and restarting.  None of these have worked.  However when I travel a few hours away, I can send/receive them with no issues.  My other Verizon phone (iPhone 6) will send and receive everything with no problems, regardless of where I'm located. 

Any insight as to why picture messages will not send/receive when I'm in some locations (while the other Verizon phone sends/receives fine from the same location), but works without any issues in other locations?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity III not able to send or receive picture messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Becc83,

We always want you to be able to send and receive those messages. Thank you for the steps you have tried to resolve these issues. What zip code are you located in when you have the trouble? What zip code are you located in when you are able to send and receive without any trouble?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might perhaps master reset the phone at a convenient time.

0 Likes
Becc83

The zip codes I have been in when it does not work are 46580, 46581, and 46582 (Warsaw, Indiana). I have been able to successfully send and receive while traveling throughout Michigan (e.g. 48184) as well as the Chicagoland area (e.g. 60515).

0 Likes
Becc83

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried doing a master reset and still no luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Becc83

Lets look into this a little further. Are these messages to certain numbers or is this happening with any number you try to send a picture message to? When you are in these areas, if you try to send a picture message to your own number, what happens?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Becc83

The messages are not to a certain number, it is all numbers that I try including when I try sending to myself (both my Verizon iPhone as well as the Samsung phone I'm having issues with). When I try sending to my own number it will not send. It gets to about 60-80% over a period of several minutes and then it cancels. For about an hour over the weekend I was able to send and receive messages, however after an hour it was back to not sending/receiving picture messages.

0 Likes