Samsung Intensity III text alerts not sounding
bjb926

This weird thing keeps happening to my phone, randomly all of a sudden my text alert won't sound off, instead is replaced by a beep, nor will my alarm sound off, and my phone won't ring when getting phone calls and won't even show that somebody called, but the voice mail alert will sound off. The only way I can get it all to work again is to turn the phone off and then back on. I have plenty of memory space left, and clear my call log and messages regularly. I didn't have this problem with my other intensity phones, and I'm wondering if it's just a faulty phone? Any information or even a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Intensity III text alerts not sounding
Snn5
Legend

I don't want to jump to a master reset yet, but I for one cannot think of a reason your notification sounds have stopped working.

To restore the handset to the factory default settings follow the steps below:

1. While in standby mode, press OK for Menu.
  2. Select Settings & Tools (9)
  3. Select Phone Settings (6)
  4. Select Security (9)
  5. Enter the lock code, default password is the last 4 digits of cell phone number, unless it has been changed, then press OK.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity III text alerts not sounding
Snn5
Legend

I don't want to jump to a master reset yet, but I for one cannot think of a reason your notification sounds have stopped working.

To restore the handset to the factory default settings follow the steps below:

1. While in standby mode, press OK for Menu.
  2. Select Settings & Tools (9)
  3. Select Phone Settings (6)
  4. Select Security (9)
  5. Enter the lock code, default password is the last 4 digits of cell phone number, unless it has been changed, then press OK.
0 Likes