Samsung Intensity gets blank text messages from iPhone
LCH3

My wife and I have the same phones: Samsung Intensity II (I think). Our daughter—who, by the way, is on our Verizon Wireless plan—last week got her new iPhone 5c. She sends us text messages almost daily, and most of them appear with no problem. However, yesterday she sent us both a message that appeared blank on our screens. When the text came in, we saw that we were getting three messages (again, not uncommon), but we got nothing that we could read. What's causing the blank messages? Is the problem with the iPhone or with our Samsung Intensity phones? Or does the problem lie with VZW?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity gets blank text messages from iPhone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the messages have any special characters in the message as viewed on the iPhone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LCH3

Can't say—I never saw the contents of the message. But how "special" is special? In a password, a question mark is a special character, but in a text message ... ? What exactly are we looking for?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

LCH3 wrote:

Can't say—I never saw the contents of the message. But how "special" is special? In a password, a question mark is a special character, but in a text message ... ? What exactly are we looking for?

Is she using emoticons?  Smilies?  They may not be translated on the Intensity.  Is she using a signature?  SPecial formatting (font, color?)

0 Likes