Samsung Reality Problem
markizcul

I connect my phone to my PC and it installed something called Verizon software assistant and I saw my phone had and update so I clicked update and it updated and work.

But I noticed my phone is now very unresponsive on the touch screen since the update

And when I connect it to the PC it does not recourse the device

Software version u820.DE17

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Reality Problem
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Markizcul,

To fix your device as far as getting the current version of U820.DK17 software available, please use these steps below. For more details on these steps being provided, please use this link and refer to the user's manual as a guide.  

1. From a Home screen, touch Menu, Settings & Tools, Phone Info.

2. Touch Software Update to check the software update for downloading onto your phone to have it on the current version.

3. Touch to return to the menu.

After your have completed these steps, please power cycle your device to do a soft reset. If you need additional assistance, please send me a private message with your information. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

markizcul,

Hi there! Was this something that installed on your computer or the phone? We do not have any software named "Verizon Software Assistant" and no available way to update device software via a personal computer. If this was installed on your PC, I recommend uninstalling it. Also, on the phone please go to, "Settings & Tools>Phone Info>SW/HW Version, make sure you have 'U820.DK17'.

Please advise so I and the community can be of more assistance!

Thank you!

0 Likes
markizcul

I uninstalled it and my software Version is not U820.DK17

it is u820.DE17

how do i fix this?

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Markizcul,

To fix your device as far as getting the current version of U820.DK17 software available, please use these steps below. For more details on these steps being provided, please use this link and refer to the user's manual as a guide.  

1. From a Home screen, touch Menu, Settings & Tools, Phone Info.

2. Touch Software Update to check the software update for downloading onto your phone to have it on the current version.

3. Touch to return to the menu.

After your have completed these steps, please power cycle your device to do a soft reset. If you need additional assistance, please send me a private message with your information. I hope this helps.

0 Likes