Samsung Reality and Motorola Q Questions
oreo1215

My current phone, Samsung Intensity SCH U-450 does not get good reception anymore ever since Verizon began shutting down old towers in my area.  I've updated the programming and roaming lists with *228 but nothing has changed.  The bad reception in town here has been noticed by some others I know with older phones too so I think its just time to switch to another phone.  I don't know how we can have a verizon call center in town with towers at it but 2 miles away be searching for service... So I bought a used Samsung Reality SCH U-820, but it has a 4 digit lock on it and the seller doesn't know what it is.  I checked the ESN before buying it and I came back clean so I'm not worried about that but I cannot get the phone unlocked.  It is not the last 4 digits of the phone number, 0000, or 1234, or a million other combinations that I have tried either. My computer won't even recognize it when I connect it via USB.  Is there any other options to get the phone unlocked or am I just out of luck.

The other option I have is switching to a Motorola Q that I have, but online it shows that I would have to upgrade to a data plan and I cannot afford that.  The phone is actually quite old (2006), one of the original Q's, but hasn't been used.  Is there any possibility of activating it with a data block and using it as a basic phone???  Or am I going to have to buy another used phone.  Thanks...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Reality and Motorola Q Questions
B33
Legend

If you want use a Data type phone as in the Q you have to have some kind of Data plan..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

B33 wrote:

If you want use a Data type phone as in the Q you have to have some kind of Data plan..

The Motorola Q is a smartphone manufactured before the 2008 date when it became mandatory to have a data plan. The user can activate it without a data plan and put a data block on. They might have some trouble finding a customer service representative who is familiar with the process though. or can provide more information as they are much more familiar with this process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hum.!  really i guess i learned something new i thought all Data type phones had to be hooked to some kind of Data plan Ann thanks for Info..  Well i guess OP Check with Customer Service see if they can HOOOK ya Up b

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The OP will just have to call over and over until they find a rep that knows the rules. They may want to follow one of the reps that come here occasionally and maybe they can handle the activation or at least get them in contact with someone  who can handle the activation

0 Likes
B33
Legend

So in other words a Daunting task.. @ hand  Ha Uncle B  Morning to ya b

0 Likes