Samsung Rogue requires data?
kl323

Hey all,

Does reactivating a used Rogue require a datapack? When I originally had it, they required it. I've cancelled my line for a few months now and I'd like to reactivate it. So I'm wondering if i'll still be forced to get data.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Rogue requires data?
Not applicable

The Samsung Rogue does need a data package of $9.99 or higher. Thank You.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

The Samsung Rogue does need a data package of $9.99 or higher. Thank You.

0 Likes
olie1997

I just contacted VZW via phone twice today and both times I was told that the Rogue no longer requires a data pack.

I'm confused.  Anyone have any solid information?

0 Likes
DRAEGER

I was inforemd today by Verizon tech support over the phone that the Rogue and Env Touch DO REQUIRE a min. $10.00 75mb package...

If this isn't true, then some people at Verizon need to get their info straight  !!!!

0 Likes
markizcul

all smartphones need a data package/plan i think.

0 Likes
DRAEGER

As of last night...  I no longer have a Data Plan for my Rogue.

The CSR told me that If you have a Datat Block placed on your Rogue you will NO LONGER be required to have a Data Plan....  but also there will be no pay-as-you-go either.

TIme will tell if it sticks or at some point reverts back.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello All:

I would like to set the record straight on the data package for Multi-Media phones such as the Rogue.  They technically are supposed to have data packages.  When they were launched, they did require a data package that could not be removed (much like a smartphone).  Data packages offer a great value for using a lot of the features on the phone, you can stay connected, use VZ Navigator, Mobile Email, etc. etc. for only $10.00 per month. 

If you're not convinced by my sales spiel, and you still want to remove the data plan, you CAN. This is a policy of ours to be able to remove data packages for situations where the customer truly has no use or need for one.  If your representative doesn't know about this, the policy can be viewed in Infomanager article number 52248.  In lieu of the data package, you can opt to pay-as-you-go at $1.99 per MB, or block data altogether.  The change must be processed by a customer service representative. They must manually remove the data pack and manually add a data/pay-as-you-go feature in the same order. 

Why is there so much confusion on this? When the phone launched, it did require a data pack.  We had 3 phone categories: Smartphones, Basic Phones, and 3G Multi-Media Phones.  We now only have 2 categories: Basic Phone and Smartphones.  The 3G Multi-Media Phones got lumped in with the basic phones, and basic phones do not require data packages.

I hope that clears the air!

Regards,

0 Likes
drams

I wish I had that information a week ago. I cancelled my service from getting the run around so much on the data plan. I needed to add a line and wanted to drop my $10.00 data plan on the one former multi media phone(LG Chocolate Touch). The rep told me she could remove the data and after a half hour she was unable to remove it. I cancelled all 4 lines on my account after 15 years because of how rudely I was treated trying to get the data plan removed.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

drams wrote:

I wish I had that information a week ago. I cancelled my service from getting the run around so much on the data plan. I needed to add a line and wanted to drop my $10.00 data plan on the one former multi media phone(LG Chocolate Touch). The rep told me she could remove the data and after a half hour she was unable to remove it. I cancelled all 4 lines on my account after 15 years because of how rudely I was treated trying to get the data plan removed.

yr

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi drams, 

I am so sorry to learn that we lost your business because the representative you spoke with was having difficulty with the removal of the data plan! We would really like the opportunity to win you back, especially since we CAN remove the data package from a line with a Chocolate Touch.

Have you ported your service to another provider or did you just disconnect the lines? Either way, you can come back and we can remove the data plan. If you were charged an Early Termination Fee on any lines re-connected, you will receive a credit back for the charge(s).

If you are reactivation after porting out, you have 30 days. If you are reactivating after disconnecting, you have 50 days.

If you are interested in reactivating, please feel free to send me a PM with your name and mobile number, as well as a contact number. I will be happy to reach out to you personally.  

Thanks!!

0 Likes