Samsung Sch i760 used as basic phone
hiey234

Can i use the phone as a basic phone with data blocked on it? My motorola q9m was a smart phone but was still able to be used for basic stuff can i do it with this phone as well?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Sch i760 used as basic phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe.  It appears to have released in 2007 which is before the cut-off date of Nov 2008 for smartphone data plans.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-SCH-i760_id1897

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello hiey234, 

You definitely have brought back some nostalgia by mentioning the Samsung i760!  It is amazing how technology has advanced over the years!  I can confirm that the i760 can be activated on a line of service without a data plan.  I would definitely suggest blocking the data if you are not going to use it as all Smartphones are always on data devices and could rack up big charges even in the background.  The change will have to be made through customer service as our automated systems will only give you options to add a data plan.  Please feel free to keep me posted on the status as I would be glad to provide additional support, if needed.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
OnePM_

Hello, Yalek.

I contacted customer support today and was told the the SCH-i760 could not be used as a basic phone.

Could you assist me please? I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Thank you so much for your time and attention.

Regards,

OnePM

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hello hiey234, 

You definitely have brought back some nostalgia by mentioning the Samsung i760!  It is amazing how technology has advanced over the years!  I can confirm that the i760 can be activated on a line of service without a data plan.  I would definitely suggest blocking the data if you are not going to use it as all Smartphones are always on data devices and could rack up big charges even in the background.  The change will have to be made through customer service as our automated systems will only give you options to add a data plan.  Please feel free to keep me posted on the status as I would be glad to provide additional support, if needed.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there OnePM. 

I truly do apologize for the confusion.  What I would like to do is access your account to see what is giving us these issues.  If you are still having issues activating the device, please send us a private message with your mobile number so I can reach out to you directly and activate it for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

NicholasB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shanemitchell

I just ordered a Samsung i760 as well. Is it still possible to get this without a data plan?

0 Likes