Samsung brightside text issues
IROLEVOL

Several texts received by me, looks like Chinese. Cannot recover.,cannot forward to a smartphone, have to just move on...can't read. Is there a fix? Besides a new phone...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung brightside text issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all of the details, IROLEVOL. It is concerning to hear that you are unable to read the text messages you are receiving and I would be happy to help you today. Let's take a closer look at the device for answers.

Does the phone have the newest software update (settings > phone info > SW/HW Version) applied? Has the device suffered any physical or liquid damage? Just for clarification, does the text contain actual chinese letters or does it just seem like the texts have letters that resemble chinese? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
IROLEVOL

thanks for responding! The phone does have the SW/HW version...it has not

been damaged. The Chinese is symbols and unreadable (almost like DOS)let us

know...Lori

On Jan 24, 2017 4:05 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

IROLEVOL no one wants to see texts they are unable to read. We want to get this fixed. How long has this been happening? Any recent changes to the phone like new apps?

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
IROLEVOL

it is my husbands phone. he doesnt use apps, isnt even a smart phone, he

doesn't even email. It happens enough that it is very frustrating for him.

Thank you for responding! Lori

0 Likes
CTDAWN

IROLEVOL I have run into the same issue.  I have discovered the person sending the message typically have an iPhone and they have used a special character in the text like an ' and it changes the entire message into an unreadable one.  I have reached out to my family and asked they try not to use proper grammar when sending me a message.  Super annoying I know but so far it's working Smiley Happy

0 Likes