Samsung intensity 2 recieving blank texts
Gemmabree

From certain people, I think they have smart phones, their texts show up as a media message but when I open it there is nothing there. If I forward it to my email address I can see it when I'm editing the forward and after I send the message the forward I can see the message just fine. Anyone else have this issue? Any solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung intensity 2 recieving blank texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey gemmabree,

That sounds like a strange situation. Let me just make sure I understand, the messages come in as blank multi-media messages. If you forward the message to your e-mail, do you see it on the phone or do you see it on the computer? It sounds like this may be a group message that came through.

The other numbers that are included in the message make it not appear on the phone, but when forwarding, you are only forwarding the message and not the number of all the recipients. Do individual text messages sent from these smartphone users come through ok? I would say that if they do, your phone is just not compatible with group messaging supported by smartphones. Have them send you individual messages and it should work fine!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
KRDochney

Ever get a solution to your problem of receiving blank messages from group texts from an Iphone or other smart phone? My wife has the same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi KRDochney. We certainly don't want your wife receiving blank messages. Those could be something important being missed. Many times, smartphones have the ability to send characters or content that a basic phone, like the Intensity 2, can't read and causes the message to be blank. Michelle asked some great questions to Gemmabree that would help us to help you if you could provide more details.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Wcvet

I am having this problem with messages from iPhones.  It isn't a group message and I try to choose options so I can forward the email but my phone does not allow me the option to choose options.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Wcvet!

Message problems are definitely not good! Let's make sure we get your messaging working correctly right away. I want to make sure I fully understand your concern.

What model iPhone do you have 4/4s/5? Are you trying to forward a regular text message you've received from someone?

If so, here's how: Open up the threaded message and choose "Edit" in the upper right hand corner. Select the message you want to forward and choose the forward option at the bottom. Put in the contact you want to send it to and send it on it's way.

Keep me posted!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lemondog2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  We have investigated this scenario on several phones.

It seems to be a constant situation that if an iphone sends a multi recipient txt,

it is received as a blank multimedia message on non-smart phones.

The same thing happens if an iphone replies "all" to a multi recipient txt from another smart phone.

Several of us at work with various phone (smart and non-smart) have tried various combinations, and this is always the case.

We specifically did not use any special characters, not to confuse the issue.

I don't have a solution for it, I just wanted to report that it seems happen every time, with this scenario.

samsungluddite

I have this same issue on the Samsung Intensity II, and another related issue. I figured out that it was the group messages that were coming in blank, and I tried to coach my friends to not send me those. Now, however, it seems some *text* messages are coming through as picture/video messages, which costs me data I don't want to spend (I use a different carrier).

0 Likes
mlk58

hi - i have been having this issue for awhile and I just tried forwarding the message to myself - and right before you send it, the message shows up in the text area.  You can save it to drafts and see it there.  If you actually forward it, it disappears again - BUT at least you can read it while it's in the "edit" mode

0 Likes
xhanort7

I started having the same issue where group text messages appear blank about 10 days ago on my Intensity III. My brother has the exact same model and doesn't have the issue.

0 Likes