Samsung turns itself on?
ltg123

My father has a Samsung SCH-U350.   He is technologically challenged, so this is fine for him. 

This weekend it started turning itself on.  We turn it off, it turns itself right back on.  Kind of like it's doing a Restart instead of a Shutdown.  I went to Samsung customer service and they are all reading/writing from scripts so I can't get any help. 

Is there some setting that needs to be changed?  If it was the battery, wouldn't it just shut off and not turn on?  The battery reads as fully charged and seems to be working fine.

Any help is appreciated - thanks -

TG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung turns itself on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ltg123, I know that would concern me just the same. Let's see if we can figure this out. Does the battery appear to fit securely into the device? Is there any damage to the device? Any cases on the device or is the back cover fashioned securely to the device? Do you notice any swelling on the battery? Or corrosion on the charging ports?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Samsung turns itself on?
ltg123

The battery fits fine, is in good condition.  And, I had an extra, so I changed it, and that works, too.  It holds a charge fine.  There is no damage of any sort to the phone whatsoever. It just won't stay shut off!

TG

0 Likes