Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Screen has failed on v3m Razr (non-Android). How can I rescue my photos off the phone?
jlddc

Hi there,

My screen has failed on my RAZR v3m (the old 2006 version, not the Andorid smart-phone). There are pictures on this phone that I MUST retrieve.

There IS s SIM card in the phone, but I do not know if the pix are ON that card, or on the physical phone's memory or not.

Any way I can save my pictures???  Note: Motorola Phone Tools v.4 & v.5 were worthless.

All help appreaciated. Thanks in advance.

JLDDC in MN.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Screen has failed on v3m Razr (non-Android). How can I rescue my photos off the phone?
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Have you tried connecting the phone to your computer via USB cable and downloading the photos that way?  If the photos are on the SD card, you can remove it, place in your computer (may need a card reader, depending on your computer), and retrieve them that way.

0 Likes
Re: Screen has failed on v3m Razr (non-Android). How can I rescue my photos off the phone?
jlddc

Thanks, tikibar. I do have th cable and I did try that. VZV Tech Support suggested the same process. I could get the driver to load onto my laptop, but I was unable to retrive the photos.

Is there a step/or steps I am missing?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

We had one of those phones for quite some time and I could've sworn that you could access the photos that way, but after seeing your post, I Googled it and apparently there may not be a way to do it via USB cable.  If that's the case, you may have to send the photos as attachments to your e-mail.  If you don't have a text package, that can get costly since the photos have to be sent individually.  You also can install bitpim software and try to download them via USB cable that way.  Several threads regarding both processes are on this forum if you want to do a search (the ones posted within the past week or so were for different phones, but the process is the same; try searching for downloading photos off LG Accolade or Revere).  Hopefully one of those methods will work.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Novice

For future reference if you have texting you can send them as a picture text to your email address, have to do it one by one but it works good.  If you don't have a texting plan then you would pay per picture message.    Not a lot of help now since screen is dead but thought I would mention it.  I have had to help so many people lately with phones and computers that couldn't be bothered to back up and now they really need the photos and quite a few had memory card slots on their phones but could't be bothered to get one and learn how to use it.  The people with computers the hard drive is totally dead so no way to even slave it or anything to retrieve the photos.  I have heard people mention a program called bitpim so you might google it and see if it will work for you.  Mary

0 Likes