Senior/Elderly Phones
kjs35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why doesn't Verizon carry a basic cell phone for the elderly that has large numbers, with volume for the hard of hearing.  All the available phones have key pads that are too small.  This is unfortunate since most competitors carry such a product.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Senior/Elderly Phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kjs35!

I completely understand your question, and I have some suggestions for you! Our devices have the ability for headphones, bluetooth or wired! We also have text to speech so the user just says what they want to text and the device will type it for them! Check out all the devices here: vzw.com/products

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

kjs35
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not interested in blue tooth, wired, text to speech, etc. I need a

basic phone with large keys and a loud volume. NO FRILLS. Verizon does

not offer any such phone but competitors do. My need for one may force me

to go to another provider.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We really don't want you to end up going somewhere elese, kjs35. We have a few basic phones for you to choose from that will suit your needs http://vz.to/16F5JBL. I would recommend checking the reviews from others to see which one sounds like the perfect match for you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wchpeters
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same frustration. I really think there is no one who works for Verizon who has a CLUE what those of us are asking for when it comes to phones for an elderly family member.

When I have contacted customer service reps in chat, they disconnect as soon as I don't care about the canned response they paste in of the megapixels of the camera in the Samsung phone they are trying to sell me for my 90 year old arthritic, but mentally competent, mom.

Why can't Verizon come up with a senior-specific phone to sell? Just go over to the Jitterbug website and make a copy.

I have been with Verizon since it began, and I'm trying to stay here, but I have an elderly mom whose phone I pay for, and I'm pretty close to jumping ship because of this.

kjs35
Enthusiast - Level 2

As the baby boomers age and take care of elderly parents we want basic easy

to use phones. Verizon better get on board or they may realize the public

will leave their service because of the lack products they offer.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 1:33 PM, wchpeters <forums@verizonwireless.com>

Not applicable

Verizon doesn't make phones. Verizon can't sell what's not being made.

Snn5
Legend

Jitterbug has it's own site now.  It is not compatible with Verizon.  Exactly how big do the buttons need to be?  There are several available that seem rather large compared to the flip phones from days of yore.

kjs35
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree and understand Verizon does not make phones. They sure can

contract with a supplier to purchase and offer them to their customers.

Their competitors, who also do not make their own phones, offer them to

their customers.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 10:48 AM, useless_username <

Not applicable

If you are referring to T-Mobile and at&t their phones are GSM. Verizon's basic phone would be CDMA. With GSM they can make ONE phone it will not only work on both but worldwide. Verizon's phone will only work on Verizon. Not much incentive for a company to make a basic phone for ONE carrier that is not likely to sell many units. 90% of Verizon's phone sells are smartphones. That number grows all the time.