Sent text message deleting from Pantech Hotshot
janem

I have a Pantech Hotshot and at a certain point all of my outgoing text messages (sent) automatically get deleted from the phone, showing only the incoming side of the conversations.  I have the auto save sent "on" and it still happens.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Is there a place to retrieve my outgoing text messages?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sent text message deleting from Pantech Hotshot
ShortyT

Mine dose the same thing! It will save the conversaton for at least the last 2days then the sent messages were erased! i dont get it, why do they erase!?

0 Likes
Re: Sent text message deleting from Pantech Hotshot
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

i dont know why the phones are programmed to do this, but all the phones ive had from verizon erase the outgoing messages when the message memory starts to get full. Usually the phone can not erase the inbox because most people have turned of the auto erase inbox, so by default the phone just erases the sent messages.  what i would do is try to make sure that sent and received messages combined dont exceed like 105 or something like that. if you keep the messages under the amount where they start erasing, then they wont erase. and as far retrieving the erased messages, unless the person you sent them too still has them, i dont know of a way to get them as the hotshot uses the BREW MP OS which doesnt allow you to back up text messages and stuff using a 3rd party application on the computer....

0 Likes