Sent text messages disappearing from Pantech Jest
trouble1365

I have a Pantech Jest and have noticed when going back through text conversations that all of my "sent" messages have been deleted/erased even though I did not delete/erase them. Has anyone else had this problem? It's extremely frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sent text messages disappearing from Pantech Jest
baubillious
Enthusiast - Level 3

On most phones, though I have noticed certain phones with the "bubble" threaded messaging aren't doing this, delete your sent messages after a couple days, leaving only the texts you have received. It is frustrating and there's no way to turn it off as far as I know. It's definitely not specific to the Jest though.

0 Likes
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

its not just a few days. what is happening is your phone is erasing messages yo make room for new ones. if you text a lot and dont erase your inbox and outbox for a couple days, you will reach the max amount the phone has allotted for text message memory. And because your memory is getting full and we all turn off the auto erase inbox option, the phone resorts to deleting your sent messages instead. the advice i can give is to kinda watch how many total messages (in and out) you have between all your conversations and when you start getting near the range of 100-120 incoming, start kinda clearing room before your phone just erases them. also make sure your auto save sent option is turned on in your messaging settings

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all of your posts! I know I could fill up an inbox in a day! The answers provided are correct. When your thread gets too large for the memory to hold, your phone will make room for them. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes