Share Voicemail
isthismylife4real

Is there a way to get a voice mail off of your phone?  I am currently using an LG Cosmos 2.  I got this bizarre vm last night and I really need to be able to share it without just handing someone my phone, since they don't even live in the same state.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Anna

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Share Voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you can forward a voicemail to another Verizon Wireless customer. Not sure of the steps to do so.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
isthismylife4real

Yeah, that's the problem the person I need to send it to isn't Verizon.  I tried that option and entered her number in, it said it sent successfully but she never received.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

is right, you can only forward voicemail to another Verizon number.  If you are using visual voicemail or You mail, then the voicemail is recorded and you can save the file and send that.  If yo are using Verizon's basic voicemail, maybe you can try recording it to your computer and sending it from there?

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your feedback Ann154 and SuzyQ!

Hi isthismylife4real,

I realize the importance of archiving and sharing voicemail messages. Yes, permanent copies of your Voice Mail messages can be made in many ways but you can have CBW Productions, Inc. make a copy for you at a minimal fee. This is not a Verizon Wireless service and before any Voice Mail Messages can be copied, you must register with CBW.

You can go to CBW Productions to review the pricing and select the format you wish to use for your message archive. Messages can be saved as MP3 Files, saved to a CD and/or be delivered via E-mail. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cinderblock

Is this minimal fee (NOT!) the only option there is?  If so, WHY??  Pictures and text messages can be sent to an eMail address.....why can't voice messages?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you use YOU Mail (google it) you can save the voice messages to your computer, or forward them and it's a free service.  In order to save voice messages that came in BEFORE you sign up for you mail, you'd need to use a service that can save and record them.

0 Likes
cinderblock

I appreciate your response SuzyQ.  Don't have a smart phone (have Convoy) YOU mail does not appear to be an option for me Smiley Sad

You seem quite knowledgeable,,,is it possible to include the date/time stamp when sending a text to an eMail address?

0 Likes