Signal strength has gone from great to horrible in last 6 months at our home
dukemarilyn

We love having "non smart" phones. Our signal strength has gone from great to almost non existent at our home in the last 6 months. A neighbor said that it was because Verizon is dropping towers in our area. They switched from Verizon to US Cellular and are getting good signal now.  We have a trouble ticket "<<removed>>" but can no longer access whatever they suggested.  Was their suggestion even available on our non-smart phones and plan?  I think they said to "download" something.  Is there a viable solution with our non-smart phones other than switching to a more expensive plan or switching providers?

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal strength has gone from great to horrible in last 6 months at our home
boringusername
Master - Level 1

you don't mention your area. But Verizon is converting CDMA spectrum to LTE as CDMA is going to be phased out in less than 2 years. In fact  most new tower put up in the last few years don't have any CDMA antenna at all. Verizon sells LTE non-smartphones now. That may help.

0 Likes
Re: Signal strength has gone from great to horrible in last 6 months at our home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dukemarilyn,

We certainly want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your service. I know how important it is to have the signal strength you need, especially in your home.

I am here to make sure we can get to a solution that works best for you. I have sent you a private message that will allow us to take the next steps to make sure we get your service where it needs to be. Please respond to the private message at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

RyanCo_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes