Simple cell phones?
SinisterTwist

I'm trying to get my grandfather to carry a cell phone. The difficulty level is that it has to be insanely, INSANELY easy to use. By this I mean that it has to be so simple that it's literally along the lines of the earliest cell phones out there. The JitterBug line of phones is about right, although it looks like I could only use GreatCall as a provider. I want to stick with Verizon and don't want to go through another provider, so are there any equivalent phones out there that could be used through Verizon?

And I have to insist that any recommendations stay as simple as a JitterBug, which means that it has nothing more complicated than a keypad and an "off" and "on" button. He will not use anything more complicated than that and when I say he won't use it, I mean that he won't use it. He puts up resistance even when I hand him my phone, which is considered to be fairly easy to use and a dinosaur by today's standards. Something along the lines of the one at this auction would be considered a little too technologically advanced for him. He refuses to use computers and his home phone remains incredibly simple. He's the type of guy that doesn't like using a lot of technology as a whole unless it's of the "off button, on button, nothing more difficult to use" variety.

Now the other question is whether or not Verizon would provide it with service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Simple cell phones?
SinisterTwist

This cell phone (here) looks good- does anyone have any experience with this one?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It is a GSM device. It is not compatible with VZW network

0 Likes
Gizmo501
Enthusiast - Level 3

the LG VX5600 is a very good basic phone if you have a Costco membership  this is the one they give you for the "free" phone.

http://www.cellularcountry.com/bmz_cache/a/lg_vx5600-big_ae703.image.250x350.jpg

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Search the Samsung Haven. It's made specifically for seniors, with big buttons, simple features, loud earpiece volume and more.

0 Likes