Smeared ESN# ?
Milkyway
Enthusiast - Level 2

I acquired a phone from a friend. He had used an extended life battery that needed an oversized battery cover. The battery fit tightly and has rubbed the ESN # so that it cannot be read.  I am trying to use the web site to make the change.

Since the ESN# or the other #'s cannot be read, what are my options to be able to place this phone on my account? Can they do this at a local store? Would they?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Smeared ESN# ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the friend give you the original packaging it came in? It might be on the box.

The IMEI number might also be listed in the phone settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Milkyway wrote:

I acquired a phone from a friend. He had used an extended life battery that needed an oversized battery cover. The battery fit tightly and has rubbed the ESN # so that it cannot be read.  I am trying to use the web site to make the change.

Since the ESN# or the other #'s cannot be read, what are my options to be able to place this phone on my account? Can they do this at a local store? Would they?

The older flip phones have the esn number in the phone menu under settings. It escapes me what section to highlight and select, but it shows network and other phone info. The user manual could tell you how to access these settings.

Do an online search for the user manual of the phone brand and model or model number. they are out there on http://www.google.com

0 Likes
Milkyway
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went into the settings deep enough that I found the MEID# which I think might work. I am going to give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Milkyway wrote:

I went into the settings deep enough that I found the MEID# which I think might work. I am going to give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks for your suggestions.

yep that is what you need. enter that number and you are all set.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MilkyWay,

I still wanted to reach out to make sure you got up and running!  http://www.vzw.com/myverizon is a great resource to easily make device changes.  You can also dial *228 and choose option 1 to quickly activate your new phone. I would be more than happy to offer my assist in getting the device activated if needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on TWitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes