Spam phone calls from multiple area codes....
ccsbooks1218

For the past three days I have been getting CONSTANT calls from numbers from area codes I don't recognize. I am talking about multiple times per hour... I haven't signed up for anything so I don't know why this is happening but it is so frusterating! I have searched some of the numbers but apparently this has been an issue since 2010. Verizon only allows 5 numbers to be blocked but there are more than 5 numbers! What do I do?

Phone calls today:

421-781-8274

463-332-5409 (2 times)

421-781-8274 (2 times)

702-555-5565 (9 times)

977-297-1937 (2 times)

871-937-4321

827-432-1416

855-302-4537 (3 times)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Spam phone calls from multiple area codes....
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some phones have the ability to block all calls that from numbers that are not in your contact list... if that is workable and the option is available, that would be one solution.

Another option that MAY work is to block all calls from the internet, if these are being generated that way.

A third option, though not ideal, would be to change your phone number.  There is no charge if the change is made due to harassing phone calls like this.

CW_Customer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see Verizon has no intention of blocking area codes if a CUSTOMER request it. Just like Ma Bell and AT&T of old, phone companies do not have a clue regarding customer service.

Everything in their contract protects Verizon and nothing protects those of us paying the bills. It is simple computer programming to block an area code but even the simple may be beyond the unionized phone companies area of expertise.

acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Make sure to put your number on the do not call list.  Even if you have done it before do it again.  Do any other cell companies allow you to block area codes?  Mary

0 Likes
shadowcatcher
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem here is that with text messages coming through, the Do Not Call registry only applies to voice calls.

Just got off the phone with Verizon.  Very frustrating.

If ATT Cricket or any other cell company can and will block an area code -

I will see what I can do to switch providers.   

By not allowing customers to permanently block area codes/country codes Verizon

is in effect supporting Spam marketing - and for sound economic reasons. 

Customers are charged for incoming and outgoing calls and messaging; inadvertently click on the hyperlink of some junk mail and that immediately adds to your data charge.  Multiply that by by 93 million retail subscribers (http://aboutus.verizonwireless.com/ataglance.html) and you can see how Verizon would profit.

As a webmaster, I can block a user from viewing a website (or shopping cart) by county, city, state, or country, in a matter of moments - and I have been able to do this for over fourteen years.   For Verizon's customer service representative to stay on the line and tell me that this cannot be done is a lie.

I will not do business with vendors who lie to me. 

This includes Verizon.

shadowcatcher
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone getting spam text messages from 443 963 7167 ?

0 Likes
wild-fire

Had same problem.  Offered new phone number by verizon. But in last ditch try, installed avast mobile virus protection.  Scan of apps didn't find anything but scan of all files on phone found and removed trojan.  Phone calls stopped. Put lookout on too just for extra measure.

0 Likes