When I first got my Pantech Jest 2 several months ago, I was offered a couple of little daily things to be sent to my phone. One is "Word of the Day", which I would like to get rid of because it rarely sends me a word I don't already know. It is just getting annoying. Also, I assume that because I opted in to a couple of things I actually wanted, I am also getting random ads throughout the day (cheap gas prices, local movie theaters, insurance, etc..).
How can I opt out of the "Word" app, and is there a way to get rid of the ads altogether??
Hey there mlm66.
You sound like one smart cookie, because there are a ton of words I'm sure I don't know. I absolutely understand you've grown tired of the application and its time to remove it. I can certainly assist.
You are going to want to uninstall the application and I have included the steps below:
1. From the main screen, press OK to choose Menu.
2. Select Media Center then press OK.
3. Select the appropriate category then press OK.
-Browse & Download
4. Select an application then press the right soft key to choose Options.
5. Select an option then press OK.
6. Select Yes then press OK.
Please let us know if you need additional assistance.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.