Switching basic to basic?
Donsou
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter has a very simple basic phone. (Sorry I can't remember the name) anywho, I have another phone that's also basic but, she prefers. Wanted to know if verizon would let me turn that one on for her to replace her 1st phone. Without adding on to my contract? She's on my family plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching basic to basic?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they are both basic phones, it should be a simple matter of turning off the one, then dialing *228 on the other and following the prompts.  As long as the second phone is a Verizon phone....

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they are both basic phones, it should be a simple matter of turning off the one, then dialing *228 on the other and following the prompts.  As long as the second phone is a Verizon phone....

Donsou
Enthusiast - Level 2

@SuzyQ  thanks for replying! Doing this wont lead me into a longer contract will it? When I spoke to someone a while while back, he said the phone had to of been activated for at least 6 months +. If I remember correctly. I'm cautious bc my contract end date is April 2015 and nothing against the service of Verizon. But, I want out. Lol.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 6 months prior activation requirement is when activating a prepaid phone on a contract account - the prepaid device must have been used/active as a prepaid phone for 6 months prior to using it on a contract account.  It doesn't mean you have to keep it active on your account for 6 months (if I am reading your question correctly).

Activating a different phone will not change your  -  using the upgrade eligibility to purchase a new phone at a discount will extend the contract.

Donsou
Enthusiast - Level 2

awesome! Thanks so much for all the info!

0 Likes