Synching up Contacts from Backup Assistant
wjnm

How does this work?  My contacts are backed up.  I have replaced an older phone.  I have selected the contacts to be moved to the new phone, and clicked on SYNCH DEVICE.   I get a message saying the Synch contacts has been initiated, but I don't see any activity, nor changes to the Contacts List on the phone.   I don't want to be paying data charges for multiple clicks to Synch..............               Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Synching up Contacts from Backup Assistant
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

There's no data charges for this. Try initiating backup assistant from the phone. The new phone may not have backup assistant installed on it. If not you will need to down load it.

0 Likes
wjnm

I can't download any apps to the new phone.   I spent nearly an hour on CHAT with support last night and it seems I have to take the phone to the store to get them to update the software on it.    Found that I cannot send myself a text through email with a photo file attached either.  The attachment gets deleted when it reaches the phone.   But I could send that same photo file to a friend and she could get it to her phone and then send it directly to me that way.   I'm blaming that on the software level, too.  

Thanks for your help, though!  

>

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Personally, I would not go to the store, usually end up with sales people not tech people. I've always had success just calling them and working through the issues. What phone do you have? There might simply be blocks on the line that don't allow data or picture texts, which can be changed online in your My Verizon account.

0 Likes
wjnm

Well, I spent an hour on the CHAT with a tech support last night and he couldn't get the software update pushed to my phone.   I'm headed to the store in a minute.  This store has both sales folks and the 'service' tech folks.    As for the picture, I was able to get the same photo file from my friend once she loaded it to her phone and resent it on to me.   It just got blocked while being sent as a text attachment from email service.    oh well

I'll let you know what happens!!  🙂

>

0 Likes
wjnm

Update on my situation.  The store was not able to locate a USB cable which would work with the Motorola since the W755 model is 4 years old.  They did check to see if they even had the update software available once I came up with a cable.   And that was a NO also.  So, I returned home and hit the internet.  The supplier of the phone did not have the cables.  I did find an authorized Motorola dealer who does, and ordered it.  Also learned I can download the software directly from Motorola, so have the correct site bookmarked and ready for when the cable arrives.    Actually found quite a few resources for cable, CD software, memory SD, etc.   

I'm usually a very good user of the internet to find odd-ball or out of date items, so this is a lesson to me to start looking around for solutions more quickly.  

Lewisr13, thank you for your assistance!  

>

0 Likes